+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: plese help (transit visa)

arazis

Dec 20, 2013
Hi. I am writing from Boston, us. I am an azerbaijani citizen and I am resident of turkey. I have flight to istanbul from toronto on 27dec. I didint know about transit visa when I booked ticket. Just learned about it only 3 days ago. I have sent online application on 19dec. I have several questions:
-I am planning to go to new york to ask them if they can help me. But it says on website that ny vac is closed. What does it mean? What is the difference between consulate and vac office.
-do you think that I have chance or not??
-air canada says its impossible to change airline and if I cancel its nonrefundable. New tickets starts from 1200usd and its oneway ticket can you imagine. My ist-bost-ist ticket price was 850usd. Should I buy a new ticket or wait for the last day..?
-any advices?
THank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

arazis said:
Hi. I am writing from Boston, us. I am an azerbaijani citizen and I am resident of turkey. I have flight to istanbul from toronto on 27dec. I didint know about transit visa when I booked ticket. Just learned about it only 3 days ago. I have sent online application on 19dec. I have several questions:
-I am planning to go to new york to ask them if they can help me. But it says on website that ny vac is closed. What does it mean? What is the difference between consulate and vac office.
-do you think that I have chance or not??
-air canada says its impossible to change airline and if I cancel its nonrefundable. New tickets starts from 1200usd and its oneway ticket can you imagine. My ist-bost-ist ticket price was 850usd. Should I buy a new ticket or wait for the last day..?
-any advices?
THank you
1. It is unlikely that you are going to get a Transit visa in time. As NY is closed on the weekend, and will be closed 25 & 26th. So it is unlikely even it was approved, that you would get your passport to NY and Back in time.
2. The VAC is just a business where you drop off your application and they forward it to the CHC NY