+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT PLEASE-study permit

Alice_valse

Oct 5, 2013
Hello everybody,
my name is Alice, I'm from Italy and I'm new to this forum. My plan is to go to Halifax, NS for 6 months for a business english course so now I'm collecting all the documents required for the study permit.

I'm actually new to "study permits" because this is the first time I will spend such a long time away from Italy and it's the first time I have to deal with such a huge number of documents for the application. So I have a couple of questions for you:

proof of funds:
I have a bank statement (I was required to get the last 4 months bank statement), a letter from my bank that says that my father is able to sponsor me, and the receipt of the wire transfer payment of the homestay fee and the first 3-month-tuition fee. Is this enough? Moreover, the bank statement is not translated into english. I have no idea on how to translate it. Is it paramount that I translate it? I saw a topic where somebody said you have to give the currencies in Canadian dollars...the thing is there are many numbers on the bank statement. Am I required to give the currency in CAD dollars for any number on the bank statement? (4 pages)

I have another question on the passport:
I've read on the website that I have to scan an image of my passport with my information. Done it. Then the website says there has to be a blank page next to my information page. Uhm.....no. The next page is "Government of the Italian Republic....." etc. so it's not blank....Is it a problem? Is it normal?

I hope my questions won't sound too silly, but I'm seriously worried that I won't be allowed in Canada because I made mistakes in filling the documents. I just want to make sure everything is ok.

thank you everybody in advance, I appreciate your help.

Alice.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
yes u need to translate ur documents in english or french i believe.....for more on financial proof read here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3
for ur next question they want a blank page in ur passport so that if they issue u a visa there should be a blank page to put the sticker/counterfoil on. blank page can be anywhere and not next to the information page.....they do not need a scanned blank page either.....ru getting the point?
kinda like this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:German_passport_interior.jpg

hi friends

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Calgary
Category........
AINP
better u have to meet canadian embassy

Funding and and documentation is varies from country to country.so better u have to consult with the professional people like international student agencies,IDP 'S ,or canadian embassy members.

Alice_valse

Oct 5, 2013
Thank you guys, that was very helpful. I think I've solved the issue about the translation, the bank will do it for me. I've tried so hard to reach the embassy in Rome but apparently it seems impossible to SPEAK to anybody. The recorded voice machine just says that the embassy "doesn't give information on visas by phone". Neither by email, actually. I felt pretty lost :D
I just have one last question: what is a bank draft in convertible currency?

hi friends

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Calgary
Category........
AINP
bank draft...

Bank draft is an option, providing by all banks for carrying money safely around the globe.Go to your local bank and demand them for arrange a bank draft for canada edu purpose.Let them know that ,u will convert this draft in canada so make it in canadian doller. Then you can get a draft certificate and thats the proof of your money and you should carry this to canada.once u reach in canada,u have to open a bank account and submit this draft in bank (like how we clear cheque).then they will arrange the doller ,equal to u r draft amount.
Draw backs of draft - u will loose huge amount as commission from bank and its a time taking procession.for get u r money in u r canada account ,u have to wait minimum one month.so you have to carry u r initial month expenses separate in u r hand.
This is the info that i have...if you need more info or clarify it....u can contact u r nearest bank and they will explain u each and every details....
If u need any further help in canada add me in facebook...or whats app....

hi friends

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Calgary
Category........
AINP
correction

;D sorry one spelling mistake..
Not - time taking procession ...thats is time taking process

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Alice_valse said:
Thank you guys, that was very helpful. I think I've solved the issue about the translation, the bank will do it for me. I've tried so hard to reach the embassy in Rome but apparently it seems impossible to SPEAK to anybody. The recorded voice machine just says that the embassy "doesn't give information on visas by phone". Neither by email, actually. I felt pretty lost :D
I just have one last question: what is a bank draft in convertible currency?
it means CIC will accept copy of a bank draft as proof of funds if its in the form of currency that can be converted in CAD as long as it is for the amount as recommended.