+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Passport Request received for PR

pspa

Sep 17, 2011
Hi Experts,

Need an urgent information. We(myself, spouse and kid) live in Canada and I applied for PR. I now received a mail to submit my passports to Detroit Consulate for PR visa ASAP.

Myself and my spouse hold Indian passports so no problem in sending them to Detroit. My son who is 7 years old is a US citizen. For US citizens there is an exempt as per the below instruction I received in the mail.

Passport(s)

If you are a citizen of a country that is required to obtain a visa to visit Canada, you are required to submit your original passport and the original passport of any accompanying family member. If you are a citizen from a country that is exempted to obtain a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you are only required to send a copy of your passport and of the passport of any accompanying family member.

To find out if you are visa-exempt or not under Regulation 190, consult this CIC webpage.

Since my son is a minor, do I have to send his original passport along with ours to Detroit or only copy of passport ?

Appreciate quick reply and thanks in advance.

Thanks,
PSPA

ram84

Jan 12, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2010
Doc's Request.
20 mar 2010
AOR Received.
novermber
Med's Request
25 october2011
Med's Done....
5 november 2011
Interview........
no
hi sir
congggggg for pr
can you plz share ur timeline wid us

gudboy

Mar 13, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
April 2010
Med's Request
05 June 2012
Med's Done....
17 June 2012
Interview........
Waied off
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 Nov 2012 InshAllah Soon
LANDED..........
InshAllah in March April 2013
pspa said:
Hi Experts,

Need an urgent information. We(myself, spouse and kid) live in Canada and I applied for PR. I now received a mail to submit my passports to Detroit Consulate for PR visa ASAP.

Myself and my spouse hold Indian passports so no problem in sending them to Detroit. My son who is 7 years old is a US citizen. For US citizens there is an exempt as per the below instruction I received in the mail.

Passport(s)

If you are a citizen of a country that is required to obtain a visa to visit Canada, you are required to submit your original passport and the original passport of any accompanying family member. If you are a citizen from a country that is exempted to obtain a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you are only required to send a copy of your passport and of the passport of any accompanying family member.

To find out if you are visa-exempt or not under Regulation 190, consult this CIC webpage.

Since my son is a minor, do I have to send his original passport along with ours to Detroit or only copy of passport ?

Appreciate quick reply and thanks in advance.

Thanks,
PSPA
It is simple and clear. You need to send original passport for you and your spouse and copy of your son's passport.