+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!! Passport Expiry..Please Help

sajitma

Aug 21, 2010
Dear All,
I and my family got 5 year Visa stamped and PR cards. Now I am still working in Dubai and plan to settle in Canada only by next year.. Now the problem is my passport is running out of pages and my company has requested me to issue a new passport.. Can some body advice me after issuing new passport, if I and family could re-enter Canada with the same PR (with old passport number)card?? I believe the valid visas in the old passport is accepted for most of the countries, but wanted to confirm if its acceptable with the Canadian Immigration and the PR card dosent expire cos of new passport???

Please anyone can you advice on this as I will have to submit my passport at the earliest..

Thanks a lot for your usual support,

Sajit

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sajitma said:
Dear All,
I and my family got 5 year Visa stamped and PR cards. Now I am still working in Dubai and plan to settle in Canada only by next year.. Now the problem is my passport is running out of pages and my company has requested me to issue a new passport.. Can some body advice me after issuing new passport, if I and family could re-enter Canada with the same PR (with old passport number)card?? I believe the valid visas in the old passport is accepted for most of the countries, but wanted to confirm if its acceptable with the Canadian Immigration and the PR card dosent expire cos of new passport???

Please anyone can you advice on this as I will have to submit my passport at the earliest..

Thanks a lot for your usual support,

Sajit
Hi Sajitma,

Don't worry at all. You can renew your passports. Keep you expired passport with you while you travel to Canada. The PR Card is valid till its expiry date and not related with the expiry of your passport which has Canadian visa on it. The Canadian Visa on your passport need not to get transferred to the new passport as it is already used when you landed. Keep in mind that your PR Card is important to go back to Canada, which is the proof that you are a permanent resident of Canada.