+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Parents Visit Visa

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
I am applying for my parents visit visa, they are 75 and 70 years old. I selected reason "to visit grandchildren and non-dependent child" from IRCC portal. But in the end it is asking for marriage certificate to upload in documents section. They have lost that certificate. What to do in this case? I was not expecting that IRCC will ask marriage certificate, since they are very old. Please advise what to do?

Moreover, in documents section, it didn't ask me to upload "invitation letter". Isn't it necessary?

Thank you for your all help.

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
I am applying for my parents visit visa, they are 75 and 70 years old. I selected reason "to visit grandchildren and non-dependent child" from IRCC portal. But in the end it is asking for marriage certificate to upload in documents section. They have lost that certificate. What to do in this case? I was not expecting that IRCC will ask marriage certificate, since they are very old. Please advise what to do?

Moreover, in documents section, it didn't ask me to upload "invitation letter". Isn't it necessary?

Thank you for your all help.
Can someone please advise? Thank you.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Visit visa is nearly impossible to get for parents. It's better to apply for super visa.

Marriage certificate is required. You can try to upload a letter of explanation. But what is the problem to get it?