+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: parents sponsorship income requirement

dolfin

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

If I exceeded the minimum income requirement to sponsor my parents for the tax years 2021 and 2022 but fell below that in 2023.

For perspective, I had more than double the minimum requirement for the first two years but way less than the minimum requirement for the third year.

Would the fact that I significantly exceeded the minimum income in the first two years be considered to make up for the third year? Or will it be a straight refusal based on the income that doesn't meet the minimum requirement for the third year?

Does anybody know of a similar case that had a successful outcome?

Thanks so much in advance, and good luck everyone.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi everyone,

If I exceeded the minimum income requirement to sponsor my parents for the tax years 2021 and 2022 but fell below that in 2023.

For perspective, I had more than double the minimum requirement for the first two years but way less than the minimum requirement for the third year.

Would the fact that I significantly exceeded the minimum income in the first two years be considered to make up for the third year? Or will it be a straight refusal based on the income that doesn't meet the minimum requirement for the third year?

You need to meet the requirements for each year

if you don’t your application will be rejected

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

It will be a straight refusal.