+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! - layoff (LMIA) after receiving ITA

kjeein

Apr 11, 2017
I've got a ITA from EE CEC on Feb/14/2021 with 50 points (LMIA)

But my employer sold the store and I can work till this month. I'm gonna be layoff.

Will this affect my processing?

Of course, My CRS is still higher without 50 points.

Some people say I have to keep my job because I've got ITA with 50 points.

But I can't find that information on my ITA. It says

Changes to your personal situation

If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should try to re-calculate your points score before you decide to apply for permanent residence.
If your new score is lower than the minimum points score in the round of invitation from which you were invited to apply, you should consider declining this invitation to apply.
You should also consider declining this invitation to apply if you no longer meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry.

WARNING: If you decide to apply in the above cases, your application may be refused and your application fee will not be returned. Some examples of changes which could result in a lower points score include:
• You no longer have a valid job offer
• You no longer have a provincial nomination
• Your language test scores have expired and upon re-taking them, the scores are lower.

NOTE: If you had a birthday since we sent you this invitation, and the change to your age decreases your points total, this will not cause us to refuse your application for permanent residence.

According to ITA, I have no problem with removing 50 points.

So I'm not sure which is correct... Can I take off my 50 points before submission?