+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Is this MISREPRESENTATION?

Dil8

Sep 12, 2019
Hello, Please help me find out if a commited misrepresentation,

I was initally hired under Title "Office Admin" which comes under Teer 13110. After completing 1 year of experience, I created an Express Profile with Title "Office Admin" selecting the Teer it reflected. However, After learning more about NOC Codes, I realised that my duties match more closely with Teer 14100 (Office Support Workers), and it was supposed to be the correct Teer Code, which made me ineligible under Express Entry. Due to the fear of rejection, I withdrew my application within 7 days and subsequently updated my Teer Code in my Provincial Nomination EOI.

The point here to be noted is, these two TEER Codes are Extremely Similar and share the duties that I perform, to be precise, my duties related 43% to Teer 13110 and 75% to Teer 14100.

I advised my manager of the same and showed him the difference between these two Teer Codes and explained to him why I was having the Incorrect Title, as it was misleading, and reflecting to a Teer 3 which I was not eligible under. He agreed and changed my Job Title to "Ofice Support Worker", which is a better suited title according to my duties.

I did a TRV application and mentioned my current title as "Office Support Worker"

I got invited to apply under an occupation specific draw (which are random and not predictable) under 14100, and I submitted an employer reference letter with title "Office Support Worker". There was no LOE attached.

Is this considered misrepresenation? Was it also important to mention my previous title?

Last edited: