+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Is my work permit eligible for my co-op work term?

oaskamay

Jan 16, 2013
I am enrolled in a co-op program at the University of Waterloo. My work permit and study permit expired in July 2012, and I came back to Indonesia to apply for a new study permit (I'm in Canada now, just finished my 4th study term and just started my 4th work term). I was planning on just applying for my work permit when I'm back in Canada. The Canadian Embassy in Indonesia issued me a new study permit, along with a new work permit, even though I did not explicitly apply for a work permit.

Now my co-op company's lawyer is not sure what type of work permit I have, because the "Remarks" portion of the work permit only says "PSP 14908", which he does not understand (I don't either, and since I didn't explicitly apply for the work permit, I am unsure what type it actually is). Here is what is listed on my work permit:

Case Type: 20

Travel Doc: Passport
Bonded: No
Employer: Open / University of Waterloo
Emp Loc: Unknown
Fee Status: FPA

Conditions:
1. Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution and taking an academic, professional or vocational training course.
2. Not authorized to work in any occupation other than stated.
3. Not authorized to work for any employer other than stated.
4. Must leave Canada by 29 Jan 2015

Is my work permit eligible for co-op work terms? If not, what should I do?

Thanks in advance, everyone.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
oaskamay said:
Anyone? Please? :(
You need to be patient. Your question isn't an easy one and most of us can't answer it. It may take a while for someone who knows the answer to read your post. If you don't want to wait, then I would suggest you hire an immigration lawyer or consultant.

oaskamay

Jan 16, 2013
scylla said:
You need to be patient. Your question isn't an easy one and most of us can't answer it. It may take a while for someone who knows the answer to read your post. If you don't want to wait, then I would suggest you hire an immigration lawyer or consultant.
I'm sorry. I was panicking at the time.

So, what does "Case Type: 20" imply? Does anyone have a clue? Can anyone that have a co-op work permit confirm what your Case Type field is equal to?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

oaskamay said:
I'm sorry. I was panicking at the time.

So, what does "Case Type: 20" imply? Does anyone have a clue? Can anyone that have a co-op work permit confirm what your Case Type field is equal to?
Case type 20 is generic for worker.