+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****URGENT INTERVIEW REQUEST from ANKARA, TURKEY**** NEED ADVICE PLEASE :)

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
Anyone aware of what can be done.

My husband Received a request for an interview from Ankara visa office. However due to Immigration status he does not have travel authorization. The Email requested to reply within 5 days. we replied and made them aware of the situation that he does not have travel authorization out of the USA and we did not get a reply back yet. It has been 5 days. He has DACA (deferred action for childhood arrivals) in the USA. However this does not grant him travel authorization.

any advice would be greatly appreciated! :) :D
thanks!

Alesun

Jul 17, 2017
Texas
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

My husband Received a request for an interview from Ankara visa office. However due to Immigration status he does not have travel authorization. The Email requested to reply within 5 days. we replied and made them aware of the situation that he does not have travel authorization out of the USA and we did not get a reply back yet. It has been 5 days. He has DACA (deferred action for childhood arrivals) in the USA. However this does not grant him travel authorization.

thanks!
Hello! I have DACA too and I’m barely going to start the process. What was the outcome of your husbands situation? Was he able to have the inter view in the USA?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017

thanks!
To be honest with you, if your husband doesn't attend the interview, then your application will be refused. I really don't think CIC will change the decision for the location of the interview. If CIC would allow your husband to have an interview in US, they would process your husband's application at Ottawa with other US applicants.

And another fact is CIC doesn't really care if your husband can travel outside of USA or not. It is not their concern at all.
Don't get me wrong, I understand your husband's situation, if he travelled outside the US, he can not be back to US for at least 10 years, but again, CIC won't change your husband's interview location.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hello! I have DACA too and I’m barely going to start the process. What was the outcome of your husbands situation? Was he able to have the inter view in the USA?
That is impossible. If you are out of status in US, the only way that CIC might process your application at Ottawa, which means that you would be interviewed in US, is that you were legally lived in US for 12 months, before your legal status ran out. And even you did lived in US legally for 12 months, that is CIC's discretion to decide if they would process your case as US applicant. And the sad facts are majority of the time they will send your application to the VO of your country of origin, which means that if an interview is requested, you need to go back to your country of origin to attend it. There isn't anyway to go around it.

Your best shot is to prepare a very strong case to void the intetview.