+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help !!!

mah121

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Guys I gota situation that i gradauted and working on my PGWP for a month now , I got a contract offer thats for 8 months so in total i will have 9 months of experience and for CEC I need one yr my qs is

1) Say after 9 months I have no job for few months and..... then I get a job and complete the remaining 3 months will that experience will still count ??? or I need to be working without any gaps ???...............

Any clarfications on this will me much appreciated. Thanks

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011

dongski

Sep 7, 2011
mah121 said:
Guys I gota situation that i gradauted and working on my PGWP for a month now , I got a contract offer thats for 8 months so in total i will have 9 months of experience and for CEC I need one yr my qs is

1) Say after 9 months I have no job for few months and..... then I get a job and complete the remaining 3 months will that experience will still count ??? or I need to be working without any gaps ???...............

Any clarfications on this will me much appreciated. Thanks
Code:
[left][/left]

mah121

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
So is it okay even if I am not working for a fews months and then resume work ??? or it has to be continuos ????

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsa said:
@ Jsa with all due respect, your response is inappropriate and insensitive considering how detailed Mah121 questions and concerns are. Mah121 had several concerns and all you could respond with was a "no"? keep in mind that other people use this forum as an avenue to learn and better their personal situations.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mah121 said:
So is it okay even if I am not working for a fews months and then resume work ??? or it has to be continuos ????
Hi Mah121,

addressing your questions, you do not have to have continuous work experience to be eligible for CEC, in essence your work experience can be broken apart. Keep in mind though that from the date you apply, CIC counts only as far back as 2yrs to consider any experience. Therefore whatever experience you want counted, has to be in the 2 yr bracket. e.g you get a 3yr post-graduate work permit in Jan 2012 and work for 3 months i.e till March 2012, if you wait till 2014 the last year of your work permit, to complete the remaining work experience, it most likely will not be counted.

check this link for more clarity
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp

mah121

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Thanks MrB !!! :)

I really appreciate your detailed response and helped me a lot to clarify. Thanks so much