+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help

rade75

Feb 12, 2014
Hi guys!!!!
First, Happy New Year to all.......I have very complicated situation and I'm asking for some advices please!!!
My visa and work permit are all ready expired on 31 December 2016..... I'v had apply for extend of LMIA , my work permit and did apply for nomination also....everything was in a few weeks,,since my WP was still valid......But I got a letter that my LMIA is not processed for some missing informations and now I should redo it.....Ok I will
My question is....what should I do, I don't have status ....My extension now is not valid any more,can I work,can I apply for CEC(I will have 1 year of experience on 24th of January)

some advices and experiences!!???

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Few points:

1. If you had already applied for an extension of your work permit and the application reached CIC before the expiry of your current work permit, you are in implied status. Which means you can continue working as if your work permit has not expired. However, if you have gotten a reply from the CIC that your application for an extension of a work permit has been denied, that means you are not in implied status but in a "Restoration Period (Status)". In this case, you should stop working right away as you could face deportation.

2. If you are in restoration status, then you have 90 days to sort out your status from the date your work permit expired or the date you received the letter stating that your extension was denied. So count from which ever date is higher.

3. In these 90 days you have to finish the LMIA process and the work permit process. I have seen it done once but it can get tricky so please make sure you do not over stay. It could cause you issues with your immigration application down the line.

4. Now, from what I can gather from your comments, your LMIA was denied but I think CIC hasn't gotten back to you. If this is the case, you are in implied status. So my suggestion would be to not waste time and get the LMIA processes started again. The sooner you get this done, more time you will have to finish the whole renewal process.

5. As for CEC, you can count the number of days up till Jan 24th only if you are currently working full time and you are in implied status.

Hope that helps.

P.

rade75 said:
Hi guys!!!!
First, Happy New Year to all.......I have very complicated situation and I'm asking for some advices please!!!
My visa and work permit are all ready expired on 31 December 2016..... I'v had apply for extend of LMIA , my work permit and did apply for nomination also....everything was in a few weeks,,since my WP was still valid......But I got a letter that my LMIA is not processed for some missing informations and now I should redo it.....Ok I will
My question is....what should I do, I don't have status ....My extension now is not valid any more,can I work,can I apply for CEC(I will have 1 year of experience on 24th of January)

some advices and experiences!!???

rade75

Feb 12, 2014
Thank you so much for the answer pkssandhu....it was so helpful...yes you are right I'm waiting for application back and immediately after I'll apply again for Lmia.....I don't know if I'm in restoration status and I'm working till 24th January normally I'll have 1year experience here.....and in that case can I apply for CEC without Lmia, or no because I don't have valid work permit.....

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Rade75,

I was going through some old posts of mine and got curious. Did it all worked out for you?

Thank you so much for the answer pkssandhu....it was so helpful...yes you are right I'm waiting for application back and immediately after I'll apply again for Lmia.....I don't know if I'm in restoration status and I'm working till 24th January normally I'll have 1year experience here.....and in that case can I apply for CEC without Lmia, or no because I don't have valid work permit.....