+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help! Working with maintained status

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Good day all,

My wife's study permit expired on November 30, 2022 and had applied for an extension on Sept 2, 2022, but yet to be approved. She is currently on maintained status will and will be graduating this month - Dec. 2022.

My question - is she allowed to work after her graduation, pending the approval of her study permit extension or pending when she applies for her PGWP?
I know she can not work once she applies for PGWP (as having maintained status)

Thank you.

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Good day all,

My wife's study permit expired on November 30, 2022 and had applied for an extension on Sept 2, 2022, but yet to be approved. She is currently on maintained status will and will be graduating this month - Dec. 2022.

My question - is she allowed to work after her graduation, pending the approval of her study permit extension or pending when she applies for her PGWP?

Thank you.
Any response pls

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Good day all,

Thank you.
I am not really sure but I think she can't work on maintained status with SP expired. However, if she is planning to apply for PGWP, she will get a letter saying she can work until a decision is made on her PGWP application.

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I am not really sure but I think she can't work on maintained status with SP expired. However, if she is planning to apply for PGWP, she will get a letter saying she can work until a decision is made on her PGWP application.
If she applies for her PGWP on maintained status, she will not be able to work once the application is sent. My question is can she work on maintained status before applying for her PGWP?