+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help with additional information request for HCCP

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Good day All, please I need help/hint in responding to this question:
[X] Explanation of why a caregiver is mandatory at this time and at your children’s age. This explanation should address the following points:
If you have not hired a caregiver in the past.
How frequently will you require a caregiver and what other options, other than hiring a caregiver, were explored to make this application?

There are other question asked which I can respond to but the aspect of what other options were explored, I don't have a strong point. The only thing I did was to call daycares around and they have waitlist.

Please any hint on stronger points I can give to support this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day All, please I need help/hint in responding to this question:
[X] Explanation of why a caregiver is mandatory at this time and at your children’s age. This explanation should address the following points:
If you have not hired a caregiver in the past.
How frequently will you require a caregiver and what other options, other than hiring a caregiver, were explored to make this application?

There are other question asked which I can respond to but the aspect of what other options were explored, I don't have a strong point. The only thing I did was to call daycares around and they have waitlist.

Please any hint on stronger points I can give to support this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
How old are children? What have you done for care while waiting through HCCP? If nothing (waitlists) then you need to explain how you have managed and why you need someone in your home now. So you have never posted a job ad that you needed a full time caregiver? Are kids in daycare? If so explain why this isn’t working. you work night shifts so cannot care for children etc.

Reactions: Rubydairy

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
How old are children? What have you done for care while waiting through HCCP? If nothing (waitlists) then you need to explain how you have managed and why you need someone in your home now. So you have never posted a job ad that you needed a full time caregiver? Are kids in daycare? If so explain why this isn’t working. you work night shifts so cannot care for children etc.
Thanks for your response. No I have never posted a job ad for a full time caregiver (this is the part I'm not sure how to address). Kid is not in daycare. Just first child (1 year old), and I'm returning to work after mat/parental leave. Child hasn't been in daycare before now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response. No I have never posted a job ad for a full time caregiver (this is the part I'm not sure how to address). Kid is not in daycare. Just first child (1 year old), and I'm returning to work after mat/parental leave. Child hasn't been in daycare before now.
When did your caregiver apply? So you need to explain why you need a caregiver in the home and what waitlists for daycare you are on. Do you work nights? Is there no parent home in the evening or first thing in the morning? You need to justify why daycare will not be enough and if so why you have never looked for a person in Canada. Is it a relative? If so, need even more evidence.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As previously mentioned for only one child it is fairly unusual to hire a nanny unless working non-traditional hours and/or have significant extra disposable income in addition to savings to justify the cost. The fact that you have no proof of having been on long waitlist for months to a year would suggest that you had not considered daycare. Agree if this is a relative this creates a lot more issues.

Reactions: Rubydairy

Umbreen055808

Jan 1, 2024
Ruby can you plz tell me what point u gave in ur ADR . I am in the same situation like you. Your answer would be great help for me

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ruby can you plz tell me what point u gave in ur ADR . I am in the same situation like you. Your answer would be great help for me

I really didn't have any strong point to give, so I told them as it is

It's my first child so didn't need caregiver in the past

Both parents work full-time

Didn't find Daycare spot near me as they all have long waitlist

I'm still waiting for their final decision