+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP: WES Report Equivalency Summary

Mar 29, 2023
Under my ECA for IRCC, within the detailed ‘Credential Analysis’ in my report, I have two degrees listed:

-one being equal to a three-years Bachelor of Science degree; AND

-the other being equal to a Diploma of three years.

However, the Canadian Equivalency Summary at the TOP only mentions my Bachelor’s degree (four years). This makes it sound like only ONE of my credentials is being taken into consideration, and the other one is being ignored.

Under the Express Entry system, I have selected the option of ‘Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, where one program must be of three or more years’. But with the current equivalency summary in my WES report, this seems MISLEADING.

The correct Equivalency Summary SHOULD have been: Bachelor’s degree (four years) AND Diploma (three years).

I have raised web forms numerous times, and have received no substantial response. What should I do?

Should I proceed with applying for my current report? Technically, the report DOES equal 2 degrees, … it is only the equivalency summary at the top which is not as it should be…

Please suggest.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Under my ECA for IRCC, within the detailed ‘Credential Analysis’ in my report, I have two degrees listed:

However, the Canadian Equivalency Summary at the TOP only mentions my Bachelor’s degree (four years). This makes it sound like only ONE of my credentials is being taken into consideration, and the other one is being ignored.

Under the Express Entry system, I have selected the option of ‘Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, where one program must be of three or more years’. But with the current equivalency summary in my WES report, this seems MISLEADING.

The correct Equivalency Summary SHOULD have been: Bachelor’s degree (four years) AND Diploma (three years).

I have raised web forms numerous times, and have received no substantial response. What should I do?

Should I proceed with applying for my current report? Technically, the report DOES equal 2 degrees, … it is only the equivalency summary at the top which is not as it should be…

Please suggest.
WES takes into consideration a lot of factors like country, education standards and obviously takes into consideration all the degree one sends for equivalent but as per their set standards to Canadian education and not as per the education attained.

So the top description on the WES report is the one education standards you have gained as per WES. As WES says they rarely change the report after the evaluation is done that is why they hardly acknowledge the calls and emails.
Though like many people you can try IQAS if you want but mind it it takes a while like 3- 6 months.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

Please suggest.
Can you just list your actual education degree/diploma names here? with your country of education?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
@mr.preetsingh This is what my report looks like:

Educational Credential Assessment for Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
Name: __________
DOB: __________
Date: ________
Ref #: XXXXXXXIMM

Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential Analysis

Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2016
Awarded by: University of ______
Major: Economics
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential: Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management
Year: 2021
Awarded by: University of __________
Major: Marketing Management
Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (three years)
The Equicalency should be Diploma 3 years and bachelor's Degree (4 years) cause both of your Institutes are recognized.

Try asking WES on this.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Exactly! @mr.preetsingh

I wrote to them but they just send me a standard "Our evaluation is correct" type response.
I have told them to change it many times, but they just do not.

As the form required me to enter my credentials individually, I have done so.
I hope this suffices the condition for Express Entry.

Individually, both credentials are valid and equivalent. Just the darn Equivalency Summary on the top isn't complete, but the rest of it is. I will explain in my LOE this ordeal.
IRCC will not accept it. They will only care about whats written at the top.