+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help - student visa

dhruvmehra94

Aug 30, 2024
Hi Ricky,

So I wish I had checked earlier but didn't know I bad to submit the application before 11:59 UTC time. I thought it was Ottawa time so thought I had time. In a frantic state I didn't check the instruction guide on sfu. Which was a very very easy process and would have completed it before 11:59 utc time 30th before my permit expired.

So instead I followed the ircc guide which took me ages and in circles, kept redirecting me to the same pages over and over again. Which led me to apply for a student permit (not the student permit extesnion). So I've applied for a student permit. Not being able to upload the right documents but uploaded what they needed.

I'm missing the
(imm5709 extend my stay in canada) form (which has now expired because 30th is over).

And missing my transcripts.

When I applied for the student permit - not extension I had to fill out alot alot of forms. And now everything on my IRCC account with my previous applications has disappeared. Also if I apply for the student permit now I think I'll have to restore my status? Because I was trying to use the usual student permit portal right now and I can't upload the imm5709 anymore. I also cannot find my UCI number, biometrics or anything.

Thankyou,
Dhruv

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Ricky,

So I wish I had checked earlier but didn't know I bad to submit the application before 11:59 UTC time. I thought it was Ottawa time so thought I had time. In a frantic state I didn't check the instruction guide on sfu. Which was a very very easy process and would have completed it before 11:59 utc time 30th before my permit expired.

So instead I followed the ircc guide which took me ages and in circles, kept redirecting me to the same pages over and over again. Which led me to apply for a student permit (not the student permit extesnion). So I've applied for a student permit. Not being able to upload the right documents but uploaded what they needed.

I'm missing the
(imm5709 extend my stay in canada) form (which has now expired because 30th is over).

And missing my transcripts.

When I applied for the student permit - not extension I had to fill out alot alot of forms. And now everything on my IRCC account with my previous applications has disappeared. Also if I apply for the student permit now I think I'll have to restore my status? Because I was trying to use the usual student permit portal right now and I can't upload the imm5709 anymore. I also cannot find my UCI number, biometrics or anything.

Thankyou,
Dhruv
It's hard to understand your question. Was your study permit expired on Aug 30th?

If so, you mean you failed to file for an extension before it expired. Then you need to try to restore your status. (as visitor I think)
You are out of status until your restoration is approved.