+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help required

Rafeed Mahmud

Apr 28, 2021
Hi, I am seeking to obtain a PR from Canada. I have a CRS score of 422 with a CLB of 9 in IELTS, 3 years Bachelor’s degree in Economics (evaluated by WES), a sister with a PR and living in Ottawa and 2 years’ worth of work experience. I have saved more than half of the required funds CAD 7000. I would like to know would it be an issue with immigration if my uncle (citizen of USA and lives in USA) agrees to pay the rest of the required funds (CAD 6000)? Additionally, after applying for Express Entry, I would like to apply for a student visa to boost my points by obtaining a Canadian Master's degree and also gaining work experience. However, I do not have the required funds. My uncle (mentioned above) wants to fund my education expenses as well as provide the proof of funds (I plan on working in Canada be it a seasonal job or full-time to sustain myself while studying). In this scenario, I was wondering whether this would cause any problems for my application with Immigration? Furthermore, how does this all reflect on dual intent? Also, I needed to know whether instead of money in the bank can I show shares or savings bond as proof of funds and also can I show the funds from two different sources?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I am seeking to obtain a PR from Canada. I have a CRS score of 422 with a CLB of 9 in IELTS, 3 years Bachelor’s degree in Economics (evaluated by WES), a sister with a PR and living in Ottawa and 2 years’ worth of work experience. I have saved more than half of the required funds CAD 7000. I would like to know would it be an issue with immigration if my uncle (citizen of USA and lives in USA) agrees to pay the rest of the required funds (CAD 6000)? Additionally, after applying for Express Entry, I would like to apply for a student visa to boost my points by obtaining a Canadian Master's degree and also gaining work experience. However, I do not have the required funds. My uncle (mentioned above) wants to fund my education expenses as well as provide the proof of funds (I plan on working in Canada be it a seasonal job or full-time to sustain myself while studying). In this scenario, I was wondering whether this would cause any problems for my application with Immigration? Furthermore, how does this all reflect on dual intent? Also, I needed to know whether instead of money in the bank can I show shares or savings bond as proof of funds and also can I show the funds from two different sources?
- You can use your uncle's funds for Express Entry provided he transfers these funds to you and gives you a gift deed declaring he is giving you these funds and won't want them back.
- 422 is too low to be selected through Express Entry. You need to increase your score or see if any of the PNP programs are an option for you.
- We see a higher level of refusal for study permits when an extended relative is funding the studies. You can certainly try applying with your uncle as your sponsor. However it would be better if you can show that either you or your parents have the required funds.
- The funds need to be shown as available cash savings.

Rafeed Mahmud

Apr 28, 2021
- You can use your uncle's funds for Express Entry provided he transfers these funds to you and gives you a gift deed declaring he is giving you these funds and won't want them back.
- 422 is too low to be selected through Express Entry. You need to increase your score or see if any of the PNP programs are an option for you.
- We see a higher level of refusal for study permits when an extended relative is funding the studies. You can certainly try applying with your uncle as your sponsor. However it would be better if you can show that either you or your parents have the required funds.
- The funds need to be shown as available cash savings.

Hi! Thank you for the reply, you have been a big help. So just to clarify on a few points, the required funds will have to be in my account and not my uncle's? I was planning to invest my 7000 CAD money in a savings bond (purchased from the same bank with which I have my account), I can break the bond anytime when required. Will this be a problem? Also do my chances of getting a study visa go down if I have an Express Entry Profile?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi! Thank you for the reply, you have been a big help. So just to clarify on a few points, the required funds will have to be in my account and not my uncle's? I was planning to invest my 7000 CAD money in a savings bond (purchased from the same bank with which I have my account), I can break the bond anytime when required. Will this be a problem? Also do my chances of getting a study visa go down if I have an Express Entry Profile?
If you have a profile your chances to getting a study visa do not necessarily go down because you would not have applied yet. However, without having the funds, you will not get a study visa. You are also not permitted to work more than 20 hours per week as a student (except during breaks)