+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help required

ayang85

May 22, 2014
Hello everyone,
As a few of you may know, I received my student Visa (after a lot of waiting) in the first week of July and was supposed to fly out to Canada on Friday this week. However, I am not able to leave the country right now as I have had a family mishap. I have informed the university and the department and requested for an extension and both have given me an extension till the next semester.
However, I would be truly happy if you all can tell me what do I do with my Visa. The Visa is good from July 2014 to August 2018 and its a multiple entry visa and it hasn't been mentioned on the visa that I need to enter the country by a certain date (A lot of Visas have this stipulation). Please let me know what to do. Do I have to apply for a new visa (the old one is till valid) or do I just need to notify the High Commission that I have had to defer my trip due to family emergency. Please advise, I am truly tense. I do not want to lose this opportunity of conducting higher studies.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ayang85 said:
Hello everyone,
As a few of you may know, I received my student Visa (after a lot of waiting) in the first week of July and was supposed to fly out to Canada on Friday this week. However, I am not able to leave the country right now as I have had a family mishap. I have informed the university and the department and requested for an extension and both have given me an extension till the next semester.
However, I would be truly happy if you all can tell me what do I do with my Visa. The Visa is good from July 2014 to August 2018 and its a multiple entry visa and it hasn't been mentioned on the visa that I need to enter the country by a certain date (A lot of Visas have this stipulation). Please let me know what to do. Do I have to apply for a new visa (the old one is till valid) or do I just need to notify the High Commission that I have had to defer my trip due to family emergency. Please advise, I am truly tense. I do not want to lose this opportunity of conducting higher studies.

You are free to enter Canada anytime before Aug 2018. You will need a new LOA when you enter for the next term. You don't have to apply for a new one.

ayang85

May 22, 2014
So, I just furnish the visa, the introduction letter that I received from the High Commission and the new letter of admission at the port of entry in Canada?
Do I need to inform the High Commission that I am not being able to join right now due to unavoidable circumstances? I heard from someone that its necessary that I inform the High Commission, but he said he isnt very certain about that though.