+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** Urgent Help Required on IELTS Score ***

vtoronto

Nov 10, 2010
Hi All,

Could some one help regarding the IELTS score. I am planning to apply for PR under CEC category. My skill level falls in A and I got following IELTS score

Listening: 6.0
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 5.5
Speaking: 6.0

Overall Band Score: 6.0

So am confused and want to know whether am i eligible to apply for PR with this score?

Please reply....

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vtoronto said:
Hi All,

Could some one help regarding the IELTS score. I am planning to apply for PR under CEC category. My skill level falls in A and I got following IELTS score

Listening: 6.0
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 5.5
Speaking: 6.0

Overall Band Score: 6.0

So am confused and want to know whether am i eligible to apply for PR with this score?

Please reply....

Thanks in advance.
No, you don't qualify. As you have don't have 4 levels of CLB of 7. You have 3, so you would require 1 of 8, which you don't have.

"If you have qualifying Canadian work experience at Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A of NOC, your test results must match the CLB/NCLC below (see chart):
o 7 or higher for each of the language abilities, or
o 6 for any one of the language abilities, 7 or higher for any other two of those abilities and 8 or higher for the remaining ability,

vtoronto

Nov 10, 2010
Thanks for the reply...Can i send my application with the above results for processing...!!! I will take test later will send my results again. Is there any chance that they will reject my application? Please help me as i dont want to waste time for applying as am eligible under cec except that IELTS score.. Please suggest.