+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help required - Got request letter but not able to submit passports

nidss

Sep 28, 2020
Hi All,

Express entry profile got picked in Dec 2019, Medical done Jan 2021, eAPR submitted in Feb 2021.

I received Request letter on 24th Dec for sending documents including passport to Canada within 30 days. However, my situation is complicated as of now, so requesting your advice in this regard.

My residence is in USA (on H1b/H4) but I travelled to India with my family due to emergency; and currently we are in India. We have appointment for US visa stamping on mid January, (so I must have passports before that) following which we need to collect our passports when stamped and hence we will be able to return to USA in starting of February. (so our 30 day window will expire for submitting passports to Canada)

I request you to advise me here. I need to understand the best solution in this situation
  1. does IRCC extend this 30 day timeline to 90 days so that we can submit the documents after our return to USA in February? But our medical will expire by then.
  2. Can I send my passports and documents from India to Canada and will I get my passports back to my Indian address before 15 Jan 2022? and how long the stamping to enter Canada will be valid ?
  3. Our medical was completed in January 2021 so will it expire in Jan 2022? How will it impact COPR? I can travel to Canada in February or March.
Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
You can ask ircc to extend the deadline, they will do it. You cannot send passport from India to Canada. Medicals were probably extended automatically or you would have gotten a remed request.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi All,

Express entry profile got picked in Dec 2019, Medical done Jan 2021, eAPR submitted in Feb 2021.

I received Request letter on 24th Dec for sending documents including passport to Canada within 30 days. However, my situation is complicated as of now, so requesting your advice in this regard.

My residence is in USA (on H1b/H4) but I travelled to India with my family due to emergency; and currently we are in India. We have appointment for US visa stamping on mid January, (so I must have passports before that) following which we need to collect our passports when stamped and hence we will be able to return to USA in starting of February. (so our 30 day window will expire for submitting passports to Canada)

I request you to advise me here. I need to understand the best solution in this situation
  1. does IRCC extend this 30 day timeline to 90 days so that we can submit the documents after our return to USA in February? But our medical will expire by then.
  2. Can I send my passports and documents from India to Canada and will I get my passports back to my Indian address before 15 Jan 2022? and how long the stamping to enter Canada will be valid ?
  3. Our medical was completed in January 2021 so will it expire in Jan 2022? How will it impact COPR? I can travel to Canada in February or March.
Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks
@nidss your medical exam must have been extended for you to receive the PPR request. you can ask IRCC if you submit the passports in India for stamping as you will be here for sometime and check if you can do your medical exams (if needed) in India. all the best! the process can get done before your US visa appointment.