+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help required for express Entry

atungsi

Feb 25, 2015
Hi all
I have few questions regarding express entry for Canada

a. I earned my Bachelor of computer application from Guru Ghasidas University (institute of distance education) Bilaspur Chattisgarh India, the university is a central university and recognized by UGC. I competed it via distance education.

Can I claim points for 3 year degree under Canada expres entry for this university?

b. I called up the registrar for the ECA process , he said that there are no international courier service nearby, so he would want me to courier him the color photocopy of my mark sheets and degree which he would verify and along with ECA form put in a University sealed envelope with ECA CES address and then this would go in another envelope with my India Home address in Kolkata, then my parents can courier the university sealed envelope to Canada CES.

Is this the right way, will CES accept this?

c. While working with MNC I earned my Corporate post graduate diploma in business administration from Symbiosis center of distance learning.
Is it worth to include this under my education parameters or should I only go with my graduation as this was a Corporate pgdba ?

d. I am currently in USA on dependent visa since 2014, I have overall 10 years of experience earned back in India in IT infrastructure management & support. Earlier I had tried getting referral letters for my need ,however wasn't able to get it from companies, most of the companies informed that I have a valid release letter and that should suffice for my work.

Can I use my release letters only , I agree that they do have duration of my employment, however not the roles and responsibilities , but what to do incase companies are not issuing referral letters?

e. My spouse will soon file GC for USA, can my spouse also concurrently file permanent residentship for Canada and incase selected , spouse can still work in USA, while I can work in Canada.

Is that possible incase I have to make my spouse primarly applicant on an event when above mentioned parameters are not met for me being primary applicant.

Kindly help

Thanks in advance

Atungsi

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Code:
atungsi said:
Hi all
I have few questions regarding express entry for Canada
Code:
a. I earned my Bachelor of computer application from Guru Ghasidas University (institute of distance education) Bilaspur Chattisgarh India, the university is a central university and recognized by UGC. I competed it via distance education.

Can I claim points for 3 year degree under Canada expres entry for this university?

Code:
  Apply for ECA via WES . IMO only regular will be considered in WES.
b. I called up the registrar for the ECA process , he said that there are no international courier service nearby, so he would want me to courier him the color photocopy of my mark sheets and degree which he would verify and along with ECA form put in a University sealed envelope with ECA CES address and then this would go in another envelope with my India Home address in Kolkata, then my parents can courier the university sealed envelope to Canada CES.

Is this the right way, will CES accept this?

Code:
  Bang on!! You are almost there.
c. While working with MNC I earned my Corporate post graduate diploma in business administration from Symbiosis center of distance learning.
Is it worth to include this under my education parameters or should I only go with my graduation as this was a Corporate pgdba ?

Code:
  As per EE , there are question specific to eligible to work date. Most cases you cannot claim points for partime degrees. Still its with case to case basis from WES evaluation
d. I am currently in USA on dependent visa since 2014, I have overall 10 years of experience earned back in India in IT infrastructure management & support. Earlier I had tried getting referral letters for my need ,however wasn't able to get it from companies, most of the companies informed that I have a valid release letter and that should suffice for my work.

Can I use my release letters only , I agree that they do have duration of my employment, however not the roles and responsibilities , but what to do incase companies are not issuing referral letters?

Code:
 ICIC request for reference letters in specific formats. This is mandatory document , however you can try your luck by explaining in the scenario in a covering letter with proofs like T4's, NOA, paystubs and offer letter. Again this depends to case to case basis and solely relied on Case officers
e. My spouse will soon file GC for USA, can my spouse also concurrently file permanent residentship for Canada and incase selected , spouse can still work in USA, while I can work in Canada.

Code:
  Yes, your spouse can also be added in EE profile
Is that possible incase I have to make my spouse primarly applicant on an event when above mentioned parameters are not met for me being primary applicant.

Code:
  Anyone can be primary applicant if he/she is eligible for FSW, FST or CEC category. In other words , if you think your spouse can get higher points than you , create a separate profile for your spouse as primary applicant
Kindly help

Thanks in advance

Atungsi

atungsi

Feb 25, 2015
Hi Ram

Thank you so much for prompt reply

Could you please elaborate on your below point, I was thinking of applying ECA through CES toronto university

"Apply for ECA via WES . IMO only regular will be considered in WES"

And if my spouse is the primary applicant is it mandatory to come along with me to Canada, or spouse can still work in USA while I work in Canada.

Again Thank you so much for your response.