+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help on RFV from Case-Processing-Center Ottwa

JoetheHans

Feb 21, 2024
Hello everyone,
Hope you all had a good day. I got a RFV letter from Case-Processing-Center Ottawa(CPC-O), which basically asking me to mail passports for visa. I am the principal applicant inland and my spouse is dependent outland.

The RFV letter was addressed to me only with my name and email on it, but it does not have any of my spouse's information, some of the content looks like below:

STEP 2: DO YOU NEED A PERMANENT RESIDENCE VISA?
If you hold passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you need your Permanent
Resident Visa and it should be affixed in your passport, even if you already have a valid Canadian temporary
resident visa.
You are required to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member.

STEP 3: PREPARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member.

From what I understood that: I thought they will finalizing me thru virtual landing and my spouse for passport request. Is CPC-O a landing office? Because I called IRCC and the officer told me that IRCC Montreal will issue me a portal1 email for virtual landing. However it seems the RFV letter asks both us to submit the passport.

At this point, I am not sure if I need mail both of our passports to CPC-O or only my spouse's passport? And clock is ticking, anyone who have similar experience, please kindly help and advise! Much appreciated.

SuryaTrendz

Sep 6, 2024
Hello everyone,
Hope you all had a good day. I got a RFV letter from Case-Processing-Center Ottawa(CPC-O), which basically asking me to mail passports for visa. I am the principal applicant inland and my spouse is dependent outland.

The RFV letter was addressed to me only with my name and email on it, but it does not have any of my spouse's information, some of the content looks like below:

STEP 2: DO YOU NEED A PERMANENT RESIDENCE VISA?
If you hold passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you need your Permanent
Resident Visa and it should be affixed in your passport, even if you already have a valid Canadian temporary
resident visa.
You are required to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member.

STEP 3: PREPARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member.

From what I understood that: I thought they will finalizing me thru virtual landing and my spouse for passport request. Is CPC-O a landing office? Because I called IRCC and the officer told me that IRCC Montreal will issue me a portal1 email for virtual landing. However it seems the RFV letter asks both us to submit the passport.

At this point, I am not sure if I need mail both of our passports to CPC-O or only my spouse's passport? And clock is ticking, anyone who have similar experience, please kindly help and advise! Much appreciated.
Hi @JoetheHans

Am in same situation right now. Did you use the RFV letter for your dependent passport stamping or received seperate RFV mail for your dependent? Please let me know