+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Needed

youngburk1987

Mar 25, 2010
:eek: So here is my deal. I am an American citizen and my fiance is a Canadian citizen. We currently have two newborn twin girls in Montreal which I have been here for a total of 4 months. I cannot be sponsored by her because she is getting assistance from government for the twins, she has not worked for the last year and cannot show she can support me. I cannot prove I make enough money to go to school and I am not skilled enough to be a worker in Canada. I want to stay here to help with the twins so I am going to file for an extension. I have looked into everything to make it possible for me to live here but I cannot come up with anything, so I plan on moving back to America otherwise and try to get her to come with on a fiance visa. Does anyone have any ideas? I need all thehelp I can get.

Thank you for your time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She doesn't have to show that she can support you but she also can't be on welfare. Is she on EI maternity benefits? Because those would not be considered welfare.

youngburk1987

Mar 25, 2010
Leon said:
She doesn't have to show that she can support you but she also can't be on welfare. Is she on EI maternity benefits? Because those would not be considered welfare.
She is on last resort assistance which qualifies as welfare in quebec.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In that case she can't sponsor you but it's possible that you could get a work permit, even if you are low skilled. You need to find an employer who will apply for your labour market opinion and then you can apply for a work permit. It's not guaranteed to be granted since they are not supposed to give you a temporary permit unless they believe you are planning on going back to the US and with a fiance and children in Canada, they may find that unlikely but it's worth a try. With you working, you may be able to get your wife off welfare and then she could sponsor you. The other option is like you said, you go back to the US and sponsor her there.