+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP NEEDED....

GHAZAL AMIN

Sep 26, 2012
Hi,

i'm ghazal from pakistan(KHYBER PAKHTOONKHWAH commonly known as N.W.F.P.), married from a common law partner about 3 years ago. we have a daughter 2 years older. our daughter is american citizen by birth. as every one knows the situation going in pakistan.it's becoming worst day by day. here people don't like americans, so me and my daughter are reciving threats through phone calls saying that they will kill my daughter and me. but we don't have any recordings. we also did report in police station but we are still reciving the threats. we are living in such a fear over here. my husband goes out of the city or country every week due to nature of his job. he is in airline. so , we want to claim asylum in canada. i want to ask some questions which are in my mind:-

1. are we eligible for a refugee claim?

2. would it be a problem that my daughter is an american and we are claiming asylum in canada instead of america?

3. how much time the process will take?

4. as my husband supports both of us so can my husband and me claim asylum togather?

5. what documents we should brought with us?

we really need your help. your opinion would be very helpful for us...
regards
ghazal

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Since you are outside of Canada, you cannot apply for Canadian refugee status directly.

Canada relies on the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to identify refugees for resettlement in Canada. You should contact your nearest UNHCR office if you wish to be identified as refugees.

More information here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/outside/index.asp

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Why Canada and not the US if your daughter is an American citizen? It appears your husband is in a skilled profession, have you looked into the provincial nominee programs or the skilled worker program(closed for now but will re-open in January)?

GHAZAL AMIN

Sep 26, 2012
i'm just explaining our situation. don't you know that yesterday what happened with malala yusafzai. she was attacked by talibaans and she is in such a critical situation. is pakistan really a safe country. you can see the report of 2012 by human rights. do not judge people if you don't understand their situation. if you would be at my place what you should be doing when your daughter is so young and your partner is out of city and you are recieving threats!

regards

GHAZAL AMIN

Sep 26, 2012
thank you scylla and senorita for your remarks,

we had applied for visit visa for canada. we would claim asylum after entering canada.
we have an option of US but there are no jobs. thats why we are trying for canada and there is also no racism. some of my friends are also there so they could be a support for us.