+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed visitor record extension

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi All, need urgent help. My brother is single business man in India. My parents are here too in visitor visa to stay for 6 months. He came today July 29 on visitor visa which is active till next 10 years. We had his return ticket booked for Nov 5th around the same time my parents are also going back. But the officer restricted his stay till Aug 28 only. And he got visitor record. Can we have his visitor record extended as per our original plan. Since we bought the house we wanted our family to enjoy with kids. Need guidance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All, need urgent help. My brother is single business man in India. My parents are here too in visitor visa to stay for 6 months. He came today July 29 on visitor visa which is active till next 10 years. We had his return ticket booked for Nov 5th around the same time my parents are also going back. But the officer restricted his stay till Aug 28 only. And he got visitor record. Can we have his visitor record extended as per our original plan. Since we bought the house we wanted our family to enjoy with kids. Need guidance.
He can apply for visitor record and if refused, he must leave.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
It was probably restricted because asking to stay three months is pushing the proverbial “ visit “

Business people aren’t usually able to take three months off
Plus he’s single . What are his ties ?

Having a visit visa valid for 10 years is irrelevant

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Of course he can apply. I hope that he enjoys his last visit to Canada.

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
It was probably restricted because asking to stay three months is pushing the proverbial “ visit “

Business people aren’t usually able to take three months off
Plus he’s single . What are his ties ?

Having a visit visa valid for 10 years is irrelevant
Thanks I understand but he made arrangements to take that time off with his partners. I wanted to check in visitor record document it was mentioned in the remarks that CANNOT BE EXTENDED.
Then is it worth applying for extension? Also Extension decision is taking 107-116 days as per the online information available. Kindly advise. Thanks

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Of course he can apply. I hope that he enjoys his last visit to Canada.
Thanks for your advise, what do you mean by his last visit, If we apply and extension decision is not positive will it impact his next visit?
I wanted to check in visitor record document it was mentioned in the remarks that CANNOT BE EXTENDED.
Then is it worth applying for extension? Also Extension decision is taking 107-116 days as per the online information available. Kindly advise. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks I understand but he made arrangements to take that time off with his partners. I wanted to check in visitor record document it was mentioned in the remarks that CANNOT BE EXTENDED.
If cannot be extended then he leaves on the date CBSA told him to.

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
He can apply for visitor record and if refused, he must leave.
Thanks for your input. I wanted to check 2 things since in the remarks it says "CANNOT BE EXTENDED" so is it worth applying for extension? Since the processing time is 107-116 days we may not get the decision soon. if the decision is refused will it impact his next visits in future?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your input. I wanted to check 2 things since in the remarks it says "CANNOT BE EXTENDED" so is it worth applying for extension? Since the processing time is 107-116 days we may not get the decision soon. if the decision is refused will it impact his next visits in future?
It says cannot be extended in capital letters so no. If he decides to ignore it and applies for extension then he will be out of status. And yes it can impact future visits because he didn’t follow immigration rules.

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
It says cannot be extended in capital letters so no. If he decides to ignore it and applies for extension then he will be out of status. And yes it can impact future visits because he didn’t follow immigration rules.
ok Thanks for the input. We wanted to explore the possibilities if it would impact the next visits I would not take the risk. Thanks for your support.