+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help guys...student visiting usa from can

karanveer

Oct 18, 2013
Hello everyone..I am a student presently in toronto..my study permit expired and I hav filed my extension..I recieved the study extension till march 2014..However my study visa also expired. Now I want to visit usa in december..So I need to apply for usa visa..I know that it is acceptable to come back to canada from usa witout a canadian visa but with a valid study permit.Now my question is:
-can I attend usa visa interview with expired canadian visa but valid study permit
-does expired student visa effect my chances to get visiting visa to usa
-do i neef to first get my trv extended and then think about visiting usa..
..I need to visit my gf in dec..this is my desperate plea to everyone to kindly give suggestion as I cant afford any silly mistake to loose an oppurtunity..thnks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

karanveer said:
Hello everyone..I am a student presently in toronto..my study permit expired and I hav filed my extension..I recieved the study extension till march 2014..However my study visa also expired. Now I want to visit usa in december..So I need to apply for usa visa..I know that it is acceptable to come back to canada from usa witout a canadian visa but with a valid study permit.Now my question is:
-can I attend usa visa interview with expired canadian visa but valid study permit
..I need to visit my gf in dec..this is my desperate plea to everyone to kindly give suggestion as I cant afford any silly mistake to loose an oppurtunity..thnks
1. Yes.
2. Slightly, but with status as a student only until Mar/14 I wouldn't hold my breath that you will get a visa.
3. No. , but it might be a good idea.

Harry22

Mar 17, 2013
Visa Office......
VFS CHD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2013
IELTS Request
7.0(L-9.0, S-6.5, R-6.5, W5.5)
Passport Req..
01-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
karanveer said:
- Yes, you can attend.
- Yes, it will affect. They are always looking for the answer.. Will you come back?
- In my opinion, get TRV extended first.