+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help/Advise Needed - PR Application under EE

tpsk11

Mar 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have submitted my PR application through CEC EE program last year (around early December) with the additional 600 points afforded by the positive LMIA. I've been waiting for the decision made by IRCC in regards to my PR application. However, recently, I am asked to leave the company and to find another employment without having a fixed final day yet.

I have checked many online forum threads talking about the similar situations I am in, and they have very mixed opinions whether the additional points would be deducted and thus may affect the PR application or not. After these points are deducted, I am no longer meeting the minimum points required in order to be invited to apply for PR and I would no longer be deemed eligible. If this is not happening and the decision is solely made based on the time of my PR application submission, then I would be fine. I would not worry about it anymore, and can report to IRCC about my termination of employment when that happens.

I need your personal experiences and any input on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Also, if I do not work at my company anymore and my employment is terminated, I would like to know if I need to change my status to a visitor as my current LMIA-based work permit is not valid, or I can still keep it until it expires and remain in Canada.

Thanks for your time.