+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP!!!4 days left to activate!

JesseS

Dec 15, 2011
Hi guys,

please help me out here. Ive been reading the forums quite a fair bit, as well as doing my own research into my current situation.
I recently got approved for my PR, issued on 5th october 2011...but whilst I was waiting for my passport to come back from buffalo, my relationship broke down terribly and my common-law sponsor decided to withdraw from her sponsorship. Whilst this was happening, i believe i was just waiting for my PR to arrive in the post back from buffalo. I finally got my passport back with my PR visa inside - it has to be activated before 20th of december 2011.
My ex told me she was going into the Harry Hays office in Calgary to withdraw her sponsor. Now from what i've been reading, you can only apply to withdraw in a letter to whatever office deals in such matters? Also, you can't withdraw if the PR has been issued already?
I asked my ex to show me the papers of her withdrawal, and she refused to show me them which, puts suspicion in my mind as to if she even did withdraw her sponsorship??

I cant believe its took me this long to act on anything, and now theres only 4 days left til my PR expires from its validity point.

Im literally willing to jump on a plane and Land in Canada right now, i just dont know what will happen at the landing interview...if anything! i dont want to land, and be told its not valid....but from what im reading, why wouldnt it be?

I got a letter from my immigration lawyer, which basically states that the visa is still valid, but in our opinion shouldnt be activated, as i "could be inadmissable for misrepresentation by virtue of misrepresnting or witholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induce or could induce an error on the administration of Canadas Immigration act. A result of such a misrepresentaion could be enforcement of acton which, in this case, would be an exclusion order"

My situation in Canada was a fantastic one. I met great people, was gainfully employed (and still have a job there when i make a return), i settled in amazingly well and because of what happened between me and my ex, i figured i had to come home....but did i really have to?!

PLEEEASE help me out, time is running out and i dont know where to turn. My head is killing me and i feel sick from this whole thing. My life belongs in Canada...

thank you so much

Jesse

please please advise me in whats the most likely situation,

JesseS

Dec 15, 2011
No, i made a return to the UK....she made me think that i had to leave. Now im not so sure.

Please if anyone else has any more information on this topic....
Also shes hard to get a hold of. I spoke to her recently and we seemed to be okay....i just dont know if she will be okay with that whole idea...but if I have a right to go ahead and do so..then I will. She did sign upto the sponsorship...and it is sad what happened but now i feel i have my whole life there now. i was gonna go to school too...now im miserable in the UK with non of my friends.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
A sponsorship may be withdrawn at ANY point BEFORE the applicant lands in Canada. So if your partner wishes to withdraw, the fact that you were already issued your visa does not prevent her from doing so.

Landing in Canada on a visa issued to you on the basis of a common-law partner's sponsorship when that partnership no longer exists is misrepresentation. To do so could induce an error in the administration of the Act, make you liable to a Section 44 report, being stripped of your PR status, and being deported from the country and banned for a period of two years from returning, as well as needing ministerial permission to return if you do not leave of your own accord when told to do so.

The advice you received from your lawyer is absolutely correct, you should listen to them.

I am sorry that your relationship has broken down and threatens the viability of the life you have built in Canada. However, I don't think you want to compound that by disregarding Canadian Immigration law. As a UK citizen, you are visa-exempt and may go to Canada as a visitor for up to 6 months. If your employer is willing, perhaps they might be able to obtain a positive LMO or an extension of your work permit if that is how you were able to obtain employment. Look for other ways open to you to immigrate to Canada, since you no longer qualify as a member of the family class.

JesseS

Dec 15, 2011
Thanks Charlie, things have been made much more clear. I just needed to know before I did something totally stupid!
So I may go into Canada for 6months at a time, obviously without working, right? so for example, if i went for 6months, returned to the UK....would I be able to return to Canada and do the same thing again for 6months?? If only I had the money to live like that aha.
Also, my working holiday visa expired a while ago...so I don't think theres any chance of extending that.
Im tryna find out, because I had a working holiday visa, am I able to attain another one, or is it a one time thing you can gain. My old workplace is looking into things so I hope they pull through - from my understanding im a missed part of the team.
As well as that, would other visa options be open to me, without causing conflict from my previous visa issues?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

JesseS said:
Thanks Charlie, things have been made much more clear. I just needed to know before I did something totally stupid!
So I may go into Canada for 6months at a time, obviously without working, right? so for example, if i went for 6months, returned to the UK....would I be able to return to Canada and do the same thing again for 6months?? If only I had the money to live like that aha.
Also, my working holiday visa expired a while ago...so I don't think theres any chance of extending that.
Im tryna find out, because I had a working holiday visa, am I able to attain another one, or is it a one time thing you can gain. My old workplace is looking into things so I hope they pull through - from my understanding im a missed part of the team.
As well as that, would other visa options be open to me, without causing conflict from my previous visa issues?
You can have 2 IEC visas from the UK as long as you are still under 30.