+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Funds Available for Your Stay in CAD

Abdallah1993

May 1, 2018
Dear All,
Greetings.
I was filling the visa application for a study permit where I came across the following:
4) The cost of the study will be:
*Tuition
Room and board
Other
5) *Funds available for my stay

I will be going for a PhD program and the tuition will be paid by the university. I was wondering what should I fill in the above? is the cost of the study per year or for the whole duration? Also, is the Funds available for my stay is per year or for the whole duration? what should I fill in these spaces for my case.

Thank you

Please help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can specify per year or your whole tuition but make sure t indicate what it is. You can then specify that you have been awarded a grant $xxxx. If possible include your grant/sponsorship letter. Would suggest annual living expenses are probably more reasonable than expense for 5 years.The form is also used for students attending a 1 year program.

Abdallah1993

May 1, 2018
You can specify per year or your whole tuition but make sure t indicate what it is. You can then specify that you have been awarded a grant $xxxx. If possible include your grant/sponsorship letter. Would suggest annual living expenses are probably more reasonable than expense for 5 years.The form is also used for students attending a 1 year program.
Dear canuck78,
Thank you for your reply.
The problem is that the form does not allow me to write "/year" or something, and it has no space to state the grant amount.
Kindly, what do you think?

Abdallah1993

May 1, 2018
Dear canuck78,
Thank you for your reply.
The problem is that the form does not allow me to write "/year" or something, and it has no space to state the grant amount.
Kindly, what do you think?
Also, can I put the grant amount in the "Money Available for my Stay"?
Sorry for the inconvenience