+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT Dependent Kid Sponshorship Question

FIREBALL

Aug 9, 2013
Hi,

Below is my situation and hoping some body could help me.

I am my wife currently have a PR. Our kid was born when we were in India so he does not have any Visa status. We planned to come to Canada on November 19th 2014 and I applied visitor Visa for my kid twice which was rejected by Bangalore Visa office.
So I traveled alone and currently am in Canada.

Could you please advise if after applying for the sponsorship, should I wait for the complete process to complete or can I apply for Visitor Visa in between so that we can all stay together?
I mean is there any faster way of getting my kid to Canada?

Thanks in advance for your help.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
1st of all you need to add baby to your file ASAP. Call the call center in Canada and tell them your situation. You will get few forms by email. Fill those forms and attach requested baby's docs and send them back. By doing this your baby is now added to your file.
As per my info, India's timeline is very short so the time you get the TRV could be the final days of your file status too, IDK how much time is gone with your case and the timeline of your case.
But add baby to your file 1st and then apply for TRV

If you both are PR holders and baby is born out side CA then you need to sponsor him, baby's cases are done too quick on priority basis.
Wish you good luck

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
FIREBALL said:
Hi,

Below is my situation and hoping some body could help me.

I am my wife currently have a PR. Our kid was born when we were in India so he does not have any Visa status. We planned to come to Canada on November 19th 2014 and I applied visitor Visa for my kid twice which was rejected by Bangalore Visa office.
So I traveled alone and currently am in Canada.

Could you please advise if after applying for the sponsorship, should I wait for the complete process to complete or can I apply for Visitor Visa in between so that we can all stay together?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Since you are a PR, you must be residing in Canada to submit your baby's PR application, and must remain in Canada during entire processing time. You would be allowed to visit back to India occasionally for short vacations.

If your baby has already had 2 TRVs refused, there is not much point in applying again. Now that you are in Canada, it would be even more difficult to get him a TRV so chance of refusal is even higher. Having PR app in progress doesn't make getting TRV any easier. You will probably need to wait until he is approved for PR and gets COPR documents.

Also I assume your wife will remain in India with your baby. You need to keep in mind her own PR Residency Obligations. If by staying in India waiting for child's PR app to process she goes over the allowed 3 of 5 years spent outside Canada, then she may have problems coming back to Canada if she's reported by a CBSA officer for not meeting RO.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
FIREBALL said:
can I apply for Visitor Visa in between so that we can all stay together?
At this point, the best option would be to apply for a TRP, Temporary Resident Permit, for the child. There have been several PRs on the forum who have been successful in getting TRPs for their foreign-born children.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp

tahirksa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2011
Dear FIREBALL.

My all family have PR Card but last son was born here in Saudi arabia. We are now moving back to Canada in feb.2015. You have gone through the all procedure for TRV two times. I have submited my son TRV application 3 weeks before here in Ryiadh canadian Ebmassy, but untill now they did not answer me.My question to you are;

1. How many days or weaks canadian Embassy took to complete the procedure of TRV for your kid?

2. On what grounds the embassy rejact your kid case two times.

3. Did embassy ask you any additional fee to pay in oreder to get a special permission?

4. Any additional document they ask or only normal documents included in checklist.

Kindly, Inform me on youe earlier,so, i will be mentally prepared.

Kind regards.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
tahirksa said:
Dear FIREBALL.

My all family have PR Card but last son was born here in Saudi arabia. We are now moving back to Canada in feb.2015. You have gone through the all procedure for TRV two times. I have submited my son TRV application 3 weeks before here in Ryiadh canadian Ebmassy, but untill now they did not answer me.My question to you are;

1. How many days or weaks canadian Embassy took to complete the procedure of TRV for your kid?

3. Did embassy ask you any additional fee to pay in oreder to get a special permission?

4. Any additional document they ask or only normal documents included in checklist.

Kind regards.
followingreply of Rob_T is applicable to your situation as well.

Rob_TO said:
Since you are a PR, you must be residing in Canada to submit your baby's PR application, and must remain in Canada during entire processing time. You would be allowed to visit back to India occasionally for short vacations.

If your baby has already had 2 TRVs refused, there is not much point in applying again. Now that you are in Canada, it would be even more difficult to get him a TRV so chance of refusal is even higher. Having PR app in progress doesn't make getting TRV any easier. You will probably need to wait until he is approved for PR and gets COPR documents.

Also I assume your wife will remain in India with your baby. You need to keep in mind her own PR Residency Obligations. If by staying in India waiting for child's PR app to process she goes over the allowed 3 of 5 years spent outside Canada, then she may have problems coming back to Canada if she's reported by a CBSA officer for not meeting RO.

FIREBALL

Aug 9, 2013
tahirksa said:
Dear FIREBALL.

Kind regards.

==========================================================

Hi,

The Bangalore office has only taken 1 week to process the Visa application. The reason for which it is rejected is that I failed to satisfy the officer that the kid would return back to India and according to the Temporary resident clause any body travelling on a TRv should return back. I applied for the second time by enclosing a return ticket for my spouse and kid, but I got back the same letter.

Thanks.