+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Advice .. PPR request

Adinsingh

Nov 9, 2017
Hi all . I am FSW-O and finally received my PPR tonight .
My passport as of yesterday expires in exactly 6 months . In the email they did not mention anything about 6/12 months validity needed .
Am I safe to submit passport as is ? Should I email the lvo and ask them? Don't want to send my pp for it to be returned .

below is an extract from the ppr email

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing and we need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make a final decision.

Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly.

Visa Validity:

Once issued, permanent resident visas usually expire on the date of expiry of your medical examination results, which in your case is . If there is an earlier date of expiry on your visa(s), that is because the passport validity of you or one of your accompanying dependents expires before the medical examination expiry date.

You and all your accompanying dependents must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the visas cannot be extended.

You must submit the following documents within THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter.

☐ Original signed valid passport for yourself and each accompanying dependent:

- Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport, and there must be at least two blank pages in each passport

- Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, and other special passports are not acceptable

- Passports that are not signed by the holder are not valid for travel"

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Apply for new passport and send new one

Adinsingh

Nov 9, 2017
Apply for new passport and send new one
okay . just was worried cause home the pp takes long to renew . I will submit the renewal tomorrow and if it is taking too long I will email them asking for an extension giving the situation.
when I get the new pp do I have to raise a CSE letting them know or just submit it ?
what do you think about contacting them with regards in sending current pp?

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
okay . just was worried cause home the pp takes long to renew . I will submit the renewal tomorrow and if it is taking too long I will email them asking for an extension giving the situation.
when I get the new pp do I have to raise a CSE letting them know or just submit it ?
Are you from India? If yes, then opt for tatkal passport. I got mine in 2 working days.

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
The PPR email you recieved has an emial adress of the concerning visa office.

Just email them and explain the situation , they will comply

Adinsingh

Nov 9, 2017
The PPR email you recieved has an emial adress of the concerning visa office.

Just email them and explain the situation , they will comply
Ok thanks . For some reason wanted to avoid emailing them cause I had this notion that you must avoid harassing them lol ..

If I get my new pp in time , do I send both ? Or as u suggested email them and find out ?

Thanks

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Ok thanks . For some reason wanted to avoid emailing them cause I had this notion that you must avoid harassing them lol ..

If I get my new pp in time , do I send both ? Or as u suggested email them and find out ?

Thanks
harassers are usually the people who contact cic every week from the dy they get an AOR to ask about their application. don't worry about it, your questions are legit

Malharp

Dec 7, 2020
Hi all . I am FSW-O and finally received my PPR tonight .
My passport as of yesterday expires in exactly 6 months . In the email they did not mention anything about 6/12 months validity needed .
Am I safe to submit passport as is ? Should I email the lvo and ask them? Don't want to send my pp for it to be returned .

below is an extract from the ppr email

"Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing and we need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make a final decision.

Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly.

Visa Validity:

Once issued, permanent resident visas usually expire on the date of expiry of your medical examination results, which in your case is . If there is an earlier date of expiry on your visa(s), that is because the passport validity of you or one of your accompanying dependents expires before the medical examination expiry date.

You and all your accompanying dependents must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the visas cannot be extended.

You must submit the following documents within THIRTY (30) days from the date of this letter.

☐ Original signed valid passport for yourself and each accompanying dependent:

- Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport, and there must be at least two blank pages in each passport

- Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, and other special passports are not acceptable

- Passports that are not signed by the holder are not valid for travel"
Whats your AOR, Visa office and country of residence?