+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent 2 days left to submit application,wife & me separated recently no paperwork yet

new2canada85

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
Hi all,

can someone tell me if at all i need to submit the application, i did not claim any points from her, i kept her as non migrant dependent as we are having issues with our marriage. recently we got separated but still divorce is not finalized. can i go ahead and submit application to the final step. I cant provide her medicals now as we are separated, if i submit the application, is there any chance it gets approved or its just waste of time

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi all,

can someone tell me if at all i need to submit the application, i did not claim any points from her, i kept her as non migrant dependent as we are having issues with our marriage. recently we got separated but still divorce is not finalized. can i go ahead and submit application to the final step. I cant provide her medicals now as we are separated, if i submit the application, is there any chance it gets approved or its just waste of time
I hope I'm understanding your question correctly...If you have your wife on your application as a dependent, whether she's accompanying or not, you will be expected to submit PCCs and a medical exam for her, if you submit your application as is. What marital status did you put in your application? Married or Separated? If you put 'Married' then, without her medical and PCCs, your application will not be approved.

But I think if you put 'Separated', you will be required to provide official documentation to that effect. If your country doesn't recognize legal separations (so you wouldn't have documentation for it), I think you would need to provide convincing evidence that you are in the middle of divorce proceedings. If you don't, then I don't think your application likely won't be approved...

But I'm a single applicant, so I can't speak definitively about issues of marriage/separation/divorce in the Express Entry process. I'm pretty sure there have been multiple threads about these matters on this forum though, so if you look for them, you should be able to find the documentation that you will need to provide.