+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uploading scanned PDF's for permanent residency application - a few queries

JMHDKT

Jan 11, 2016
Hi there,

I am in the process of uploading all the various scanned PDF's of the multiple required documents as part of our PR application with CIC. We received our ITA (via the EE system) back in November and have 20 days or so left to get it all ready.

I have a few questions and would really appreciate everyone's expertise and advice. Thanks!

When preparing the scanned copies (PDF's) of all the various documents needed as part of the PR application. e.g. Passports, birth certs, wedding certs, bank statements, degree certs and university transcripts etc etc etc, I have simply been using a scanner and scanning all the documents myself. Is this OK or am I actually mean't to be having everything which I upload to CIC notarised as a true copy by an official notary? I live in Vancouver at present.

Our degree certificates are in Latin. I understand we need to have these translated to Eng or FR. Does this need to be done by an official notarised translator affiliated with CIC or is any translator OK? Can anyone recommend one in Vancouver?

For the digital photographs, are these easy enough to prepare ourselves with a digital camera or is it better to go to an official photographer?

Thanks very much,

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
JMHDKT said:
Hi there,

I am in the process of uploading all the various scanned PDF's of the multiple required documents as part of our PR application with CIC. We received our ITA (via the EE system) back in November and have 20 days or so left to get it all ready.

I have a few questions and would really appreciate everyone's expertise and advice. Thanks!

When preparing the scanned copies (PDF's) of all the various documents needed as part of the PR application. e.g. Passports, birth certs, wedding certs, bank statements, degree certs and university transcripts etc etc etc, I have simply been using a scanner and scanning all the documents myself. Is this OK or am I actually mean't to be having everything which I upload to CIC notarised as a true copy by an official notary? I live in Vancouver at present.

If you are uploading scanned copied or original documents then nothing needs to be notarized.

Our degree certificates are in Latin. I understand we need to have these translated to Eng or FR. Does this need to be done by an official notarised translator affiliated with CIC or is any translator OK? Can anyone recommend one in Vancouver?

Degree certificated should be translated by an authorized translator by CIC if you are residing in Canada.
For the digital photographs, are these easy enough to prepare ourselves with a digital camera or is it better to go to an official photographer?

The two (2) photographs must be:

taken by a commercial photographer
50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 ¾ inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 ¼ inches and 1 7⁄16 inches) from chin to crown of head (Natural top of head)
clear, sharp and in focus
taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling)
taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections
taken straight on, with face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centered in the middle of the photograph)
taken in front of a plain white or light coloured background with a clear difference between the person’s face and the background. Photographs must reflect or represent natural skin tones
The back of one (1) photograph must:

bear the name and complete address of the photography studio
bear the date the photograph was taken
the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information – stick on labels are not acceptable

Thanks very much,