+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upgrading WES report with Bachelors's ECA while only Master's ECA already obtained earlier.

rahul149

Jun 21, 2017
I had applied for Canada PR in 2014, an year before the Express Entry had started. I had used an agency to help me with my application who had advised me to get my ECA done for my MBA (from India) wherein I had to send only my MBA degree and I was granted ECA as 'Masters'. No Bachelors degree was being asked though unlike now when both degrees are required to be sent (seems in 2014 they did not need it for Bachelors). However, eventually, my PR application was refused by CIC (it was a paper-based system then) wherein they mentioned reason that I did not enclose my ECA docs. Later I realised that maybe I should have got it done for Bachelor's also and that's what perhaps was the missing doc mentioned by CIC.
Now currently, I have got an ITA and I am submitting docs but, to be on the safer side, I am getting my ECA done for Bachelors also, by simply using the 'upgrading the report' option in my WES account, with Bachelors ECA to be added, so that I can enter the new ECA reference no. in my PR application against the Bachelors of Commerce shown.

My question is that since I would have my old ECA reference no. (for only Masters) and a new ECA reference no. (for an upgraded report comprising of both Bachelor's and Master's), which one should I put in where in my PR application. Should I mention my new reference no. with both MBA and Bachelor of Commerce details in my PR application, or, should I mention the old one for MBA and the new one for Bachelors?

I am quite confused. Please help, if someone has an experience on this. Thanks a lot.