+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical plz help?????

lin.123

Sep 17, 2015
Hey guys... I did a upfront medical last week (before ITA) and they assessed me under non-ede worker...

I've seen posts about ppl getting rejected after ITA bcuz of wrong medical... Being assessed under temporary worker and not permanent etc..

I am under Cec.. Single applicant.. Which category is the right one???

Previously I asked under another topic n one person said family and another sai worker so I am really confused. Ppl with my situation please advise??????

I want to correct my medical if it's wrong before I have to submit.

Thanks!!!!!

lin.123

Sep 17, 2015
Thanks Asivad!

Sorry, I kno I might be freaking out but the more I read on this forum is the more I have mixed signals...

Do u kno why some ppl did non ede worker and was still rejected bcuz of medical even tho it's d right category??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it is the right category, there is no reason to refuse anyone on the basis of that. This forum can be stressful as well, try and not read too much everywhere. Let the process unfold at its own pace.

All the best!

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also explicitly clarified this with the panel, they said that ALL upfront medical exam is EDE (from two different countries, at the very least). As by right, they should be the best people to assign which test you need, after all CIC should have given them the correct guidance, are we supposed to insist for non-EDE. after all, they said that the tests are similar (if not exactly the same).

As for the rejection, given that we comply with their (panel) recommendation, historically, has CIC been out rightly rejecting applications without asking for explanation from candidates?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EDE is excessive demand exmept. All PAs are give an non-EDE exam. Check with another clinic in your vicinity - this one appears confused.

Even though they did refuse a few applicants in July/Aug for incorrect medicals (and reopened their files later), generally CIC doesn't hold the applicants responsible for the clinic's faults, if any.