+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront Medical Exam for paper-based PR applicants

Feb 21, 2018
I noticed there are increasing number of applicants who did the upfront medical exam being close to MR date.

I don't recommend paper-based PR applicants to do the upfront medical within 3 months of estimated MR date.
Doing so may resulted in prolonging your application.

One of my client did the upfront medical on March 2, 2018 around noon, and then he received MR 2 hours after the upfront medical exam. Clinic refused to add IME number to their files.

Now it ended up that I had to call CIC to ask them to manually attach medical report to their application and also sent a CSE with the same thing.

Now 2 weeks have passed and CIC portal still says MR. And I don't know how long it's gonna take for CIC to update their medical info for their application and my client has been bugging me for the answer.

If you have similar experience please share and let me know how long before CIC to update the upfront medical result in your portal.

Thanks

VValenz10

Nov 7, 2020
I noticed there are increasing number of applicants who did the upfront medical exam being close to MR date.

I don't recommend paper-based PR applicants to do the upfront medical within 3 months of estimated MR date.
Doing so may resulted in prolonging your application.

One of my client did the upfront medical on March 2, 2018 around noon, and then he received MR 2 hours after the upfront medical exam. Clinic refused to add IME number to their files.

Now it ended up that I had to call CIC to ask them to manually attach medical report to their application and also sent a CSE with the same thing.

Now 2 weeks have passed and CIC portal still says MR. And I don't know how long it's gonna take for CIC to update their medical info for their application and my client has been bugging me for the answer.

If you have similar experience please share and let me know how long before CIC to update the upfront medical result in your portal.

Thanks
Hi! I want to ask if it is possible for me to do upfront medical with dependents outside canada? Thank you.