+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

updating application with spouse information for PR -

mainee

Oct 2, 2009
my wife applied for canadian PR and processing time is almost (mid 2010, by our estimates) up for her - ( NBI, Kenya office ) -
we got married in mar 08, and have not updated the application.
Questions:
- have we incurred any penalty yet?
- what do we do at this point to update her application -
- we are currently in washington DC. do i have to travel to kenya ( home ) to do all the medicals and police reports and finger printing? if we will be here for another year.
- will this affect the approval dates? depending of course how fast we act on the process.
- will she have to first travel to canada before me or can we migrate together?
- can i just travel as a tourist and then change my status later?

thanks in advance.

m

bobine

May 5, 2008
mainee said:
my wife applied for canadian PR and processing time is almost (mid 2010, by our estimates) up for her - ( NBI, Kenya office ) -
we got married in mar 08, and have not updated the application.
Questions:
- have we incurred any penalty yet?

NO

- what do we do at this point to update her application -

INFORM THEM OF THE CHANGE OF HER STATUS (THERE IS A FORM YOU'LL HAVE TO FILL UP + MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE)

- we are currently in washington DC. do i have to travel to kenya ( home ) to do all the medicals and police reports and finger printing? if we will be here for another year.

IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW THE INITIAL APPLICATION HAS BEING SENT...HER STATUS HERE IN USA WILL DETERMINE ALL. PLUS IF U R PLANNING TO IMMIGRATE 2GETHER U'LL NEED POLICE REPORT FROM EVERYWHERE U HAVE STAYED 6 MONTHS OR MORE- UR DIPLOMA -UR CURRENT AND PREVIOUS JOB.

- will this affect the approval dates? depending of course how fast we act on the process.

YES

- will she have to first travel to canada before me or can we migrate together?

IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW U GUYS WANT IT ( IF U DECIDE TO IMMIGRATE TOGETHER THERE IS NO PROBLEM AT ALL ...& HERE THE FEES WILL COME IN ADDITION, MORE DOCUMENTS WILL BE NEEDED & APPROVAL DATE WILL B AFFECTED )

- can i just travel as a tourist and then change my status later?

I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT BUT HERE IS WHAT I GUESS:

1-IF U TRYING TO HIDE UR MARRIAGE FROM THEM AND JUST WANT TO LET UR WIFE MIGRATE AND THEN LATER REJOIN HER BY A TOURIST VISA, IT'S A BIG RISK AND I CAN INSURE U THAT U'LL REGRET IT. I'M SAYING THIS BASE ON WHAT CIC SAID " AT ANY TIME , IF UR STATUS CHANGED- MARRIAGE, BIRTH, CHANGE OF ADDRESS... U HAVE TO INFORM THEM "

IT WILL BE A BIG RISK 4 U BCOZ WHILE U'LL TRY TO CHANGE UR STATUS U'LL HAVE TO PROVE THAT SHE IS UR WIFE AND THE GOOD PROOF IS THE CERTIFICATE ...THE CELEBRATION DATE WILL COINCIDE W/ THE TIME SHE WAS APPLYING AND THEY WILL ASK Y SHE DIDN'T NOTIFIED THEM AT THAT TIME WHICH MEAN SHE LIED AND U & I KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! ( U JUST SAID U R MARRIED UNLESS U'LL TELL THEM U JUST GETTING MARRIED AND PROVIDE A FAKE DOC!)

IF U WERE NOT MARRIED YET I WILL SUGGEST U LET HER FINISH AND ONCE LANDED SHE WILL COME BACK 4 U AND IT COULD BE MORE EASY...& HERE BOY THE PROBLEM OF TRUST APPEARS!!!!!!! lol

2-OR U WANT TO LET THEM KNOW U R MARRIED BUT U'LL JOIN HER BY TOURIST VISA AND TRY 2 CHANGE UR STATUS- NOT SURE HOW THAT WORK BUT CHECK THIS OUT www.cic.gc.ca

MY ADVISE 2 U : I AM NOBODY & I KNOW HOW HARD IT MAY B TO WAIT ...TOMORROW IS DECIDED 2DAY AND I WOULD LIKE TO TELL U TO THINK TWICE ON WHAT ACTION U TAKE NOW TO AVOID IT COMING BACK TO HAUNT U.

GOOD LUCK

thanks in advance.

m

mainee

Oct 2, 2009
thanks bobine for the great and quick response.

I think the thing to do is just get the paper work done and the sit and wait.

one other general question about canada:
- what is the average employment rate newly migrated people? or where can i get information on this. Say in a place like toronto?

thanks

m