Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-08-2015
Hi Everyone,

I'm applying for an OUTLAND Family Class application for my Spouse. I was living with her recently in her home country, and we downloaded all the necessary Forms in her home country and studiously filled them all out. We downloaded IMM 1344 on the 16th of March, both signed it, and post Dated it April 1st... just to keep things simple: month to month. Her Birthday is in May, and as i'm going back to celebrate this with her...i obviously booked an airline ticket in advance. My intent therefore, is to submit our Application in Late April BEFORE i leave.
Then, to my horror.... i saw on CIC Website today, that IMM 1344 had changed in March. Now, i have the evidence of the "properties" of my PDF File of IMM 1344, that clearly shows it was downloaded MARCH 16TH, 2016. Why does CIC never publish the actual Date [not just Month] of when a form is updated??

Given my Wife is from a country where even the International courier mail service is slow at best.... i doubt she will have enough time to mail this updated version of 1344 to me....before i leave, May 4th.

My questions are:

1/Given that i have the evidence of the fact that we did indeed download IMM 1344 IN March, could CIC show some kind of logical discretion, where since a Form is out "by just a few weeks OR even a few Days'" [who knows...because NO actual Date is put on the form- ONLY the Month]...might they accept it? Other evidence that we downloaded and filled out IMM 1344 IN March, was that in the form, "Input of Date" option at the End of the Form, we put April 1st, 2016...the next following month, just to keep things simple. This was the Date that i returned to Canada, from her country.

2/ I studiously checked OUR Version [08 2014] of IMM 1344 compared to the most recent version...[03-2015] the ONLY difference: the "contact details/questions" for a Co-signer. We do NOT have a Co-signer. This Section is NOT applicable to us. Even if we filled out and printed off this form, that section [like the Section for Co-Dependants in IMM 0008] may NOT even show up, once validated.
Given this, do you think its a possibility that CIC will give us the discretion of submitting the updated version of this form, upon their receipt of the Application? Does CIC return an entire application if a form is not an updated version...or only when a Form/Document is missing?? OR....will they just return the whole application, simply saying one of the forms needs updating?

As the validity of her Medical Report is counting down... if i submit the entire application in Mid- June, when i get back, her Medical Report would be close to expiry. I think she will need to submit another Medical anyway... but CIC may employ their discretion of using their powers of extension of up to 15 months validity.

I have, of course, tried to contact CIC via its contact Phone Number.... but they've calibrated the automated messaging service to go directly to automated messaging.... speaking to a CIC agent is impossible....
Does anyone have another contact number for CIC, or at the very least aa email address for queries??

Thanks.

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT/Extended until Aug/2017
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
TOMORROW WOULD BE NICE LOL
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
Since the form was updated before your application was mailed out they will required the updated form, it doesn't matter to them that you may not have known and in this case you do know, will they send back the application because of an outdated form it's a possibility better to be safe than sorry.