+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update IRCC of job offer through webform?

nihalv

Nov 21, 2022
I submitted my PR application through the CEC stream on Sept. 29th and received my AOR on Sept. 30th. I did claim the 50 points for job offer and received a letter from my employer confirming that I am currently working for them and they are pleased to confirm that they would like to continue employing me on an ongoing and indeterminate basis.

However, my original work permit (LMIA-exempt, ICT-based) expired on Oct. 18th and the closed work permit extension that was filed in May was refused on Nov 2nd while I was on implied status. I've since applied for restoration of status and a BOWP which is currently in processing, but I am unable to work since I lost status.

My employer has provided a new offer of employment stating that I was employed until Nov 2nd and wish to confirm me as a full time non-seasonal permanent employee upon receiving permanent residence.

Should I update my original job offer letter with this new letter through a webform? I assume that the officer will have access to the fact that I lost status and applied for restoration and bowp, but I'm concerned that one of the requirements of valid job offer that is exempt from LMIA is that I am currently working for that employer (while I am still employed, I am not allowed to work so I'm not on payroll anymore).