+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update and new question...

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Over Christmas, I successfully entered Canada and had a wonderful Holiday with my Fiance. The YVR border agents did not ask about any PR status.

However, now comes another question. My Fiance and I are planning to have our wedding in May in her town in Alberta. We are getting married just in case my PR FSW application is sent back (due to the '38 list') and she can sponsor me as a spouse. When I go back in May, what do I tell the border officer/officials when they ask me the purpose of my visit? Do I tell them "invited for a vacation" or " getting married to a Canadian" or just "getting married"? I have heard factual stories on how border officials purposely arrest and send poeple like me in this situation back to the US to justify their existance and thier job as a border agent.

I also have proof that Canadians who marry Americans and spend a vacation in the US with thier spouse are not allowed back into Canada. But that's another question for another day.

Any insights and advice is most certainly appreciated.

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better to say you have come to visit. If you come to get married, they might think you are planning on staying for good and if they do, they are not allowed to let you in as a visitor.