+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unpaid Nursing Placement-SP states NOT AUTHORIZED TO HEATH FIELD OCCUPATION

PAN1224

Sep 7, 2024
Hello everyone. Appreciate if any advice could be given. Here is the background story .
I’m currently enrolled as an BSN student and going to start my placements next week. The program did not send me any co-op work letter or mention anything about the necessity of a work permit. I did not have a work permit right now. Also I notice there was a limitation indicated in my study permit as I am not authorized to work in health field occupations. However, the placements being assigned by the school are unpaid and are less than 20 hrs weekly. I am not sure if the nursing placement will count towards as “work” . Different opinions being posted in various websites make things really confused to me.

I’ve made the appointment of immigration medical with a panel physician and in the process of application to revoke the limitation in my study permit. I’m wondering in this case, can I do the nursing placements while waiting for the amendments? Should I inform the school about this? I’m very afraid of missing the placement hours since those could not be made up and are mandatory to pass the courses.It is very frustrating that not a single has been sent from the school to mention these problems. Appreciate if any advice could be given!