+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University transfer

rdmedranoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hello All

I will like to know if I miss the application deadlines for Queen's school of business (I hope I'm making a good decision on this for a Msc in Management), can I for example Apply to Memorial for a Msc in operation management or General management, and then transfer once the application period starts again at queen's?..

If it is possible what will be the process to follow? Does that affect my student visa in anyway? Both Universities accept GMAT and GRE... The only thing is that Queen's degree is a 12 month and Memorial is 24 months programs.

What is the negative part of doingo this?

Thank you!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rdmedranoo said:
Hello All

I will like to know if I miss the application deadlines for Queen's school of business (I hope I'm making a good decision on this for a Msc in Management), can I for example Apply to Memorial for a Msc in operation management or General management, and then transfer once the application period starts again at queen's?..

If it is possible what will be the process to follow? Does that affect my student visa in anyway? Both Universities accept GMAT and GRE... The only thing is that Queen's degree is a 12 month and Memorial is 24 months programs.

What is the negative part of doingo this?

Thank you!
not sure what ur trying to ask but here is what i guessed....u think u may miss admission deadline for 2015 sem and hence want to apply for another university and apply visa based on the second university and start queens in summer 2015 ......technically speaking i dont see an issue however u will waste 1 sem studying at Memorial and pay its 1 sem fees too. u cannot cancel memorial university admission after getting visa as ur visa will expire in 3 months if u discontinue ur education

rdmedranoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
mead said:
not sure what ur trying to ask but here is what i guessed....u think u may miss admission deadline for 2015 sem and hence want to apply for another university and apply visa based on the second university and start queens in summer 2015 ......technically speaking i dont see an issue however u will waste 1 sem studying at Memorial and pay its 1 sem fees too. u cannot cancel memorial university admission after getting visa as ur visa will expire in 3 months if u discontinue ur education
Hello mead, sorry for the confused post.

I feel i will not make it through Jan 19th, 2015 deadline for queen's, so i guess next admission process I can apply is until Septembre 2015 and starting my msc in 2016.

So i want to enrolled At memorial until next admission is open at Queen's, and then transfer to Queens
But i will be an active student at memorial until i get accepted in Queen's.

Since i don't know when i will be able to apply again to Queens if I miss the admission deadline for Jan 19th, 2015

Regards,

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
so again u r applying for queens for jan 2015 but u think u cant make it in time so u want to apply for queens for sept 2015 right thats 6 months meaning 2 sems where u will be paying fees at memorial which will be a waste ....why do u want to apply for memorial university ? whats the point?why not directly apply for queens when ever its applications open.

rdmedranoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
mead said:
so again u r applying for queens for jan 2015 but u think u cant make it in time so u want to apply for queens for sept 2015 right thats 6 months meaning 2 sems where u will be paying fees at memorial which will be a waste ....why do u want to apply for memorial university ? whats the point?why not directly apply for queens when ever its applications open.
Honestly I don't have the information about when are the next application dates at Queen's and I don't want to waste time waiting and start studying in 2015 and not in 2016

What do you think of Queen's School Business? Is a good decision?

Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Queen's is a very good school. Hopefully you have looked at their tuition fees - they are quite high.

rdmedranoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
scylla said:
Queen's is a very good school. Hopefully you have looked at their tuition fees - they are quite high.
Hi scylla yes i've been in fluid communication with a admission assistant and she told me that the program cost was of $14,500 right now. Plus additio al costs of course for the Msc in Management

Regards,

kiranreddy3399

Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
31-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-01-2014
rdmedranoo said:
Hi scylla yes i've been in fluid communication with a admission assistant and she told me that the program cost was of $14,500 right now. Plus additio al costs of course for the Msc in Management

Regards,
I would suggest you to wait for Queen's University or defer your admission to Sept 2015.

rdmedranoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
kiranreddy3399 said:
I would suggest you to wait for Queen's University or defer your admission to Sept 2015.
Hello

Thank you for your reply

What do you mean by defer my admission to sept 2015? If I do so, when will my master begin?

Regards

kiranreddy3399

Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
31-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-01-2014
I saw your other post about pursuing GMAT. I would suggest you to get good results then apply for the Universities. Without Admission offer its quite impossible to give you an opinion.

Defer - Once you are accepted into the program/university. You may have an option to defer the admission to next available term if you can't attend. (Again you need to check with Admission officer if its possible or not).

In the end, First get good marks in GMAT secure an admission followed by Study Permit then worry about whether can attend Winter term or not.

rdmedranoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
kiranreddy3399 said:
I saw your other post about pursuing GMAT. I would suggest you to get good results then apply for the Universities. Without Admission offer its quite impossible to give you an opinion.

Defer - Once you are accepted into the program/university. You may have an option to defer the admission to next available term if you can't attend. (Again you need to check with Admission officer if its possible or not).

In the end, First get good marks in GMAT secure an admission followed by Study Permit then worry about whether can attend Winter term or not.
Thank you so much for your advice, honestly that is what worry me the most, good marks in GMAT. And basically, what I mean by saying I will not make it to the Jan 2015 deadline is that I want to get the best preparation possible before taking the GMAT and secure a good score.

But I also want to start my MSc in 2015, but I do not know if I will be able to submit application after Jan 2015 and start in Sept 2015.

Do International student only start during the winter term?

Thanks again for your opinion I really agree with your opinion.

Best Regards,