+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

university suggestion o.o

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
hello i'm from singapore. and enquiring about canadian unis for undergraduate (bachelor's degree) studies

one of the options im researching around is memorial uni mainly becos of its low cost n its atlantic environment

another uni would be uni of new brunswick, university of saskatchewan, uni of winnipeg, etc

i have a few concerns here when it comes to considering MUN:

- cost wise, is $8800 per annum. does it apply to all undergrad programs?

- how would be the teaching and learning environment be like? is it very much interactive?

- im looking into pure mathematics/ statistics or engineering or marine biology programs. anyone got insights on the programmes?

- upon graduation from a 4 yr honors program, would it be difficult to find a job related to the fields above

- and most importantly, would it be difficult to get a Canadian PR in newfoundland and labrador upon graduation ?

- when should i start applying if i wanna get admitted in Fall'13? they told me deadline is march 1st

i m sorry for asking so much questions, but would appreciate if you could give me more info about MUN ><

kiranreddy3399

Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
31-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-01-2014
Hello yuyu,

I am also from singapore applied to University of Saskatchewan and Manitoba for Undergraduate studies into College of Engineering for Fall 13 Term and got accepted to both Uni's..

If u need any info on these Uni's please tag me and ask.. i will try my best to answer.!!!

tiger007

Champion Member
yuyu said:
hello i'm from singapore. and enquiring about canadian unis for undergraduate (bachelor's degree) studies

one of the options im researching around is memorial uni mainly becos of its low cost n its atlantic environment

another uni would be uni of new brunswick, university of saskatchewan, uni of winnipeg, etc

i have a few concerns here when it comes to considering MUN:

- cost wise, is $8800 per annum. does it apply to all undergrad programs?

- how would be the teaching and learning environment be like? is it very much interactive?

- im looking into pure mathematics/ statistics or engineering or marine biology programs. anyone got insights on the programmes?

- upon graduation from a 4 yr honors program, would it be difficult to find a job related to the fields above

- and most importantly, would it be difficult to get a Canadian PR in newfoundland and labrador upon graduation ?

- when should i start applying if i wanna get admitted in Fall'13? they told me deadline is march 1st

i m sorry for asking so much questions, but would appreciate if you could give me more info about MUN ><

Hi,

In a generic sense:

MUN is one of very good comprehensive university. Rest assured.. you can expect a quality education and an awesome campus life.
Qualified people in science and mathematics will always be in demand. Marine biology at MUN is very reputed, with their own marine and aquatics research center.

Excel in your field..and jobs will line up for you. Apart from good grades... try to get into programme with co-op/internship..which will not only give you practical work ex., but also that valued Canadian work ex and build your resume.
St. John's and Atlantic Canada in general..is a pretty peaceful and a very good place to live.

To get PR in NL or any other province (PNPs) or through Federal govt. CEC, you will need to fulfill the student immigration programme requirements for the particular programme. For example, you pass out your 4 years course, apply for a PGWP... get a 3 years PGWP... and then find a skilled job. In Newfoundland, one just need to have a full-time job offer in your field of study, or a related field of study, from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer.. and meeting some other conditions, you can directly apply for NL PNP nomination and then for PR with the federal govt. In some other proivnce you may need to work in the job anywhere between 3-12 months. So it depends. If you find a job in other province, you can also move to other province and apply under their respective student provincial immigration programmes or through federal CEC. To know more about various student immigration programmes, se this older thread, where all official links to the various student immigration programmes are given:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

You must apply before the set deadline, as stated on university website.

Try to apply for good public universities for a 4 or 5 years Bachelor's degree.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.