18-04-2018
Doc's Request.
18-04-2018
Passport Req..
20-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
Hello everyone,

i am thinking of applying to regina university for Fall 2017 for Master Degree in Computer Science, but there are four kind of programs for Computer Science
Computer Science - MSc - Co-op
Computer Science - MSc - Course
Computer Science - MSc - Project
Computer Science - MSc - Thesis

I am confused which will i select, since i want to apply for Permanent residence after i start studying there, i want to know which program will be faster and easier to finish.
Can you also let me know the minimum IELTS score needed to apply for Masters in Regina University and can i also work to support my family after i move there.

Thanks

prith

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
App. Filed.......
18-04-2018
Doc's Request.
18-04-2018
Passport Req..
20-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
any1 help please thanx

dinzzz

Aug 1, 2016
prith said:
Hello everyone,

i am thinking of applying to regina university for Fall 2017 for Master Degree in Computer Science, but there are four kind of programs for Computer Science
Computer Science - MSc - Co-op
Computer Science - MSc - Course
Computer Science - MSc - Project
Computer Science - MSc - Thesis

I am confused which will i select, since i want to apply for Permanent residence after i start studying there, i want to know which program will be faster and easier to finish.
Can you also let me know the minimum IELTS score needed to apply for Masters in Regina University and can i also work to support my family after i move there.

Thanks
Hi Bro.
I am also applying for Fall 2017 and I have made lot of research on this, so I will attempt to answer your queries.

Firstly there are 2 categories in which you can take up masters - thesis and non-thesis.

Thesis is like research oriented ( refer to university where they will explain what is their requirement to finish it ) and sometimes takes nearly 2.5 to 3 years to finish your masters, depends on your supervisor who will give you research topic.
Non-thesis would be like how you did engineering in India ( if you have done ), regular coursework where you have to take up few subjects and then take up one of the 3 options you listed.

To go ahead on non-thesis masters ( I guess this is the one you would be interested in ),
Normally we gain majority of the credits attending and completing the course and remaining credits can be earned by doing Co-op, Project or Course.

1. Computer Science - MSc - Co-op => Lets say you have to take up 9-10 courses in 2 years, finish all these in 12-15 months and remaining times you can take up Co-op as in work in a company where you will be paid per hour basis ( $15-@25 per hour I guess ).

2. Computer Science - MSc - Course => Here you take all worldly time and finish your course in 24 months, if you have enough fund then you can take up this option.

3. Computer Science - MSc - Project => I guess normally option(2) and (3) are together , and Project is like how we did our final year engineering project. A group of 2-4 people work on a project and give a demo on it.

For IELTS, you check the university website, they will clearly mention how much is needed ( do check for international applicants ). In case you have doubt, you can call ( that is the best option I would say as you get answer instantly ) or also you can email them.

For supporting your family while you study, you can take up co-op option where you get paid ( that would be after 15 months or whenever you finish your all course contents ). But even before that if you want to earn some bucks, you can work on-campus( mostly permit is not needed) or off-campus (definitely a permit is needed ) while you are studying.

Let me know if you want any other information.

prith

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
App. Filed.......
18-04-2018
Doc's Request.
18-04-2018
Passport Req..
20-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
thank you so much for your detail reply, really helped me a lot. i will ask the university about IETLS, i was thinking of avoiding IELTS, i have done my BSc from London Metropolitan University through British Council like O'Level and A'Level, so i was wondering if i can skip the IELTS.

dhaliwal_randhawa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 04, 2016
AOR Received.
May 25, 2016
File Transfer...
July 14, 2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
April 14, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2016
LANDED..........
TBD
prith said:
thank you so much for your detail reply, really helped me a lot. i will ask the university about IETLS, i was thinking of avoiding IELTS, i have done my BSc from London Metropolitan University through British Council like O'Level and A'Level, so i was wondering if i can skip the IELTS.
You definitely can, there is an EPL policy at UofR which allows you to skip IELTS if you have passed high school with 80%.

I graduated from UofR with MASc degree in Electronic Systems Engineering so from what I've seen Professor's do not accept international students (unless someone has outstanding academic history) directly in MASc but students can always switch between programs if student is interested to do research.

Hope this helps!

All the best, Cheers!

prith

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
App. Filed.......
18-04-2018
Doc's Request.
18-04-2018
Passport Req..
20-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
thank you dhaliwal,

I am now applying for Computer Science - MSc - Co-op for Fall 2017, through their online form, i am have some confusion about:

Confidential Recommendation- will this letter be send directly by the referee to UoR or the referee will send the letter to me and then i will send it to UoR?

Is there any suggestion or tips you guys can tell me?

dhaliwal_randhawa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 04, 2016
AOR Received.
May 25, 2016
File Transfer...
July 14, 2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
April 14, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2016
LANDED..........
TBD
prith said:
thank you dhaliwal,

I am now applying for Computer Science - MSc - Co-op for Fall 2017, through their online form, i am have some confusion about:

Confidential Recommendation- will this letter be send directly by the referee to UoR or the referee will send the letter to me and then i will send it to UoR?

Is there any suggestion or tips you guys can tell me?
You have to send it to Graduate studies along with your education documents.

prith

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
App. Filed.......
18-04-2018
Doc's Request.
18-04-2018
Passport Req..
20-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
do i need to send my original transcript and certificate to them or the photocopy?

i am also planning to apply for PR after i go there. Will i have a chance to get selected if i apply for PR as a student and after how long can i apply for PR after i move there?

hatice

Jul 5, 2014
pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys! I am applying to Dalhousie for fall 17 Research based master, I have supervisor's approval. IELS 6.5 NO LESS THAN 6,
Do u have any ideas when admissions are gonna open for fall generally in Canada? I want to apply as early as possible.

prith

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
App. Filed.......
18-04-2018
Doc's Request.
18-04-2018
Passport Req..
20-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
hello, i think for fall 2017, the admission will open from March 2017, but it might differ depending on universities

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
hatice said:
Hello Guys! I am applying to Dalhousie for fall 17 Research based master, I have supervisor's approval. IELS 6.5 NO LESS THAN 6,
Do u have any ideas when admissions are gonna open for fall generally in Canada? I want to apply as early as possible.
Could you share you profile please?

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Hi friends. I am planning for fall intake in Regina for M ENG COOP based in ISE.

My profile

10th-75.2%
12th-74.4%
BE(Mechanical)-60.33%
M Tech-8.11 cgpa
Ielts overall-7.5 , with no band less than 7

1 international publication
2 International conferences
1 National Conference

What are my chances? Could you people suggest other univ's which could accept my profile?
And is it prudent to take oil based courses considering the present turmoil hovering around oil industry?

dhaliwal_randhawa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 04, 2016
AOR Received.
May 25, 2016
File Transfer...
July 14, 2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
April 14, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2016
LANDED..........
TBD
You already have Master's degree? Why are you applying for MENGG? just curious, end of the day its your decision

your profile looks strong to me to get you in UofR.

bijo said:
Hi friends. I am planning for fall intake in Regina for M ENG COOP based in ISE.

My profile

10th-75.2%
12th-74.4%
BE(Mechanical)-60.33%
M Tech-8.11 cgpa
Ielts overall-7.5 , with no band less than 7

1 international publication
2 International conferences
1 National Conference

What are my chances? Could you people suggest other univ's which could accept my profile?
And is it prudent to take oil based courses considering the present turmoil hovering around oil industry?

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Thanks mate. Do you think i should try for thesis based instead of coop or project based, or even phd? I am always open to invaluable feedback from people like you.

Pras47

Sep 6, 2016
Hi all,

I am a B.Tech Mechanical graduate student looking to do M.Eng in a Good University.I have series of questions.

1.Which University is better to do M.Eng(mechanical engg. related) in Canada?

2.Does work experience really matter when you search for a job in Canada??(I am working as a Software Engineer(2months since joining)will work for just upto 6 months afterwards will quit the job to do M.Eng Intake fall-2017.)

3.I am looking to work in a mechanical engg. field once I pursue my M.Eng. but I have a work experience in IT field(8 months) will that affect my Job hunt??

4.Which province in Canada has better scope for Mechanical Engineers?

5. My CGPA(8.074/10)
IELTS(7.5/10)
HSC(95.25%).