+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University degree not related to job.

mvmt

Jan 29, 2015
Hi Guys!

I'll be creating my EE profile in a couple of months and I'm trying to gather as much information as possible, but there are many things that I'm finding hard to understand.

I'm currently working in Canada on an Open Work Permit; shortly I'll be completing the full time working experience year on a NOC B Skill Trade. The thing is that I have an University Degree which is not related to my actual job and I was wondering whether I should have it assesed or not in order to claim the Education Points?!?

Thanks for your help!!!!

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
mvmt said:
Hi Guys!

I'll be creating my EE profile in a couple of months and I'm trying to gather as much information as possible, but there are many things that I'm finding hard to understand.

I'm currently working in Canada on an Open Work Permit; shortly I'll be completing the full time working experience year on a NOC B Skill Trade. The thing is that I have an University Degree which is not related to my actual job and I was wondering whether I should have it assesed or not in order to claim the Education Points?!?

Thanks for your help!!!!
You'll still get points for it so it'd be worth getting the assessment done.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
mvmt said:
Hi Guys!

Thanks for your help!!!!
Your work experience doesn't necessarily relate to your education. In order to claim your points, get your foreign education assessed. I have the same scenario.

If you have time get your degree assessed right now, it's pretty lengthy process.

mvmt

Jan 29, 2015
Thank you so much, Doubleym and Nightrocker, your answers have been very helpful!!!!

Cheers!!

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Sorry for hijacking the topic.

I am curious to know, If someone has 18 years education with a 2 years master degree from Canada and 4 years Bachelors degree from another country then how much points for education will be earned.