+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University comparisons for Meng Engineering Management- suggestion required

glider

Feb 25, 2013
I need to decide between these universities for Meng in Engineering Management admission -fall 2013
a. U O Alberta
b. UOIT
c. U O Ottawa

Which university is preferable based on following factors
1. PR
2. Job Prospects
3. Living expense/fees
4. Reputation
5. PGWP

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
U of Alberta to me is the most reputed , very competitive admission , Alberta has a booming economy , i would go for it !!

note : its my personal opinion....

I would choose U of Ottawa for CS related courses....

tiger007

Champion Member
glider said:
I need to decide between these universities for Meng in Engineering Management admission -fall 2013
a. U O Alberta
b. UOIT
c. U O Ottawa

Which university is preferable based on following factors
1. PR
2. Job Prospects
3. Living expense/fees
4. Reputation
5. PGWP

Hi,

Out of these 3 universities, definitely Univ of Alberta is the best option... in terms of infrastructure, research and funding opportunities, post degree employment opportunities, location (booming province) and reputation (one of top grade Canadian public universities).

PGWP is same for all the 3 recognized universities. PGWP rules are made and enforced by CIC. As long as you pass out from a recognized 2 academic years/4 semesters/atleast 16 months of actual study program, you will be eligible for a 3 years PGWP.
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp)

Alberta is a booming province which is currently experiencing highest economic growth rate in entire continent of North America. Job opportunities depends on various factors such as the specific degree pursued, your individual skills and academic performance, networking abilities, communication and other soft skills, alumni support and industry connection from university... and all these coupled with luck..will determine how you get a skilled job in your field of study.

PR depends on which student immigration program you choose to apply under. In most cases, you need to find a skilled(NOC O,A or B) job. If you choose to apply under Alberta PNP, then you will need to get a full time skilled job in your field of study/ related fields and work in that job for minimum 6 months, before being eligible to apply for AINP nomination.

To know more about other student immigration programs see latest APRIL 2013 update on page 6 (mid level) of this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.75.html

Hope it helps.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other
sources too.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
i applied for this prog in Ottaw and Alberta....offer from ottawa and not admitted to alberta :) bt then m opting for concordia in another program

so yes alberta is ofcourse top notch

Concordia

Apr 21, 2013
Hello,

Do you know about (MEng) Engineering Management program at University of Ottawa?

Do you know anyone who already registered in this program?

My GPA is 55% but I have 7 years working experience with that am I able to get admission?

Kindly send us your review.

Regards,