+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unique approach

Tinku2

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
What intend to do:

Apply for Quebec PR under FSW ..then

Study in quebec (on resident fees .which is half )..then

On completion of study re-apply for PR under CEC from another province (This is to avoid learning french)

My Question is can someone who has got a PR from Quebec Province re-apply for PR under CEC ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is a very unique approach because:

1. There is no Quebec PR, only Canadian PR

2. FSW is Federal skilled worker and is for people who are not planning on settling in Quebec, the skilled worker program in Quebec is called Quebec skilled worker.

3. All the provinces charge less fees to PR's than international students, you say half, sometimes it is even less.

4. On completion of study, why re-apply for PR when you already have one?

5. If you had already gotten your PR through Quebec skilled worker, you already had to learn French to qualify so I am lost as to how you would already do it and then aim to avoid it after the fact.

Tinku2

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Leon said:
That is a very unique approach because:

1. There is no Quebec PR, only Canadian PR

2. FSW is Federal skilled worker and is for people who are not planning on settling in Quebec, the skilled worker program in Quebec is called Quebec skilled worker.

3. All the provinces charge less fees to PR's than international students, you say half, sometimes it is even less.

4. On completion of study, why re-apply for PR when you already have one?

5. If you had already gotten your PR through Quebec skilled worker, you already had to learn French to qualify so I am lost as to how you would already do it and then aim to avoid it after the fact.

One need not learn french for Quebec skilled worker .But for citizenship one will have to learn french

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible to get your immigration through Quebec skilled worker without French if you score very high in every other category but not too many can achieve that. Have you done the self-assessment and put French knowledge at none and see if you still qualify? If yes, then you have a chance.

I have no idea if you must speak French to be able to apply for citizenship in Quebec but should it be true, you can always move to another province before you apply.

Tinku2

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Hi Leon

In the skill assessment of Quebec I get 59 points while 55 is minimum .You think this is enough.

you think my oversmartness may get noticed and I may be refused a CEC PR later ?

Also
Can one STUDY outside quebec on Quebec skilled worker PR ?
Can one WORK outside Quebec on Quebec skilled worker PR ?

Regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read my first reply to you. There is no Quebec PR, there is only Canadian PR. Regardless of where or how you get your PR, you can live, work or study in any province in Canada. If you try to apply for a PR through CEC after having already gotten one through Quebec skilled worker, you will be refused because you already have PR and so you can not apply for it when you already have it.

Tinku2

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
I think one has to sign a declaration that you will try and settle within quebec when you apply for Quebec SW PR.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do and you must land in Quebec or with a ticket taking you to Quebec but after you have been there for a while, your intentions may have changed and nobody will stop you from moving. A PR has the right to live and work anywhere in Canada.

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
Tinku2 said:
One need not learn french for Quebec skilled worker .But for citizenship one will have to learn french
English and French are equally valid for Canadian citizenship, no matter where you live. It's not like the PR process; there's no special "Quebec citizenship".