+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Unfortunately, you were issued an invitation to apply in error" Anyone else?

emma_h_s

Feb 1, 2015
I've just received the following. I am absolutely fuming, after I submitted my application for PR this week.

"Dear Emma,

You were recently accepted into the Express Entry pool of candidates and invited to apply for Permanent Residence.

Unfortunately, you were issued an invitation to apply in error under the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Based on the information you provided to CIC, you do not meet the minimum entry criteria for the Program. Specifically, your Express Entry profile shows that you do not have a Canadian education credential or Educational Credential Assessment. This message serves as notice that the invitation to apply for the Federal Skilled Worker program, issued in error, has been cancelled.

However, based on the information you provided in your Express Entry profile, you are eligible under the Canadian Experience Class. If invited in a future round, CIC will process your application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. You would not have to re-submit your information.

You will be contacted through your MyCIC account if we require any additional information to process your application.

If you have any questions about the Canadian Experience Class please visit our website:

emma_h_s

Feb 1, 2015
Oh panic over - just read the second of the two emails...... Panic over\!!!

We are pleased to inform you that you qualified to be invited to apply for permanent resident status under the Canadian Experience Class.

Based on the information you provided to us in your Express Entry profile, you occupied a rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence during the Express Entry round of invitation on February 20 at 11:59:47. All Express Entry candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System scores of 808 and above were invited to apply.

Unfortunately, due to a system error you will not receive a standard letter of invitation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada in your MyCIC account.

However, since you have already submitted an application and supporting documents CIC will process the application you submitted under the Canadian Experience Class. You do not have to re-submit your information.

You will be contacted through your MyCIC account if we require any additional information to process your application.

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Lots of people who got invitations during first 2 draws to apply for FSW but we're eligible for CEC got their FSW invitations cancelled. But all of them got the new ones under CEC. How many points you had, I were suppose to get a new invitation as well.

delorean

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Could you ask for refunding? Or you don't need to pay fee for next submit?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Pleased for you that the panic didn't last long