+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Undocumented in the U.S. for years and I got my student permit for Canada: Hope!

chakalon

Aug 10, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have checked this forum since I decided to study in Canada. I just want to express my testimony and show other visitors of this webpage that there is hope.

I'm a mexican citizen that lived in the U.S. undocumented for almost 14 years, I did my middle, high school, bachelor, and master degree studies in that country. I waited for the DREAM ACT but never came, I got married to another mexican citizen but she was there on a student visa. So looking for a better future for both, we decided to take a risk and apply to a Canadian university to begin our PhD's programs in the same field.

Fortunately we both got accepted to McGill in Montreal and UBC in Vancouver, we decided to go to Montreal. I will like to explain my process if that helps anyone visiting this page.

I had to go back to Mexico and apply from there. First, the C.A.Q., this is not a difficult process as they don't ask for status in previous countries. You just have to prove that you have financial capacity, that's basically it. Then, the study permit from Canada Immigration. In my immigration package I was completely honest about my past situation in the U.S., I also was honest in saying that I still have family there. In the question about status in previous countries, I wrote "undocumented dream act candidate." Amazingly the procedure for both the C.A.Q. and the Study Permit were very fast, one week for each. I don't know if I was lucky, or my case showed that I had a purpose for studying in Canada but I feel blessed by God for this opportunity. Maybe obtaining the C.A.Q. first helped, I don't know. I just want to express that there is hope for those in the same situation.

Yours truly...

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
jonas said:
lucky you :p.Mate but what does it mean my C A Q?.
Quebec Acceptance Certificate and Congratulations...........

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
That's great. Congratulations on your new beginning.