+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unauthorized work before PGWP during co-op term that got canceled

haardik

Aug 12, 2021
Hey,

I am going to be applying for PGWP soon after a 4 year undergraduate degree. I was in a co-op program, and during my 2nd year I was put on probation temporarily for failing a course which dropped my average. This meant that one of my co-op terms got canceled and got replaced with an 'off' term.

I had already arranged a job for that term, and didn't realize it would be violating the rules since I did have a work permit. I went on to work for that job for 4 months and re-took the failed course. Next term onwards, I resumed my full time studies and did everything the way it should be.

I am going to apply for PGWP in a few months and I just realized I may have made a huge mistake. In my defense, I could not have resumed full time studies without having at least one part time term to retake the failed course because all future courses had it as a prerequisite. Working the job was a huge mistake, but it was over 2 years ago, do you think it will affect my PGWP? How can I try to explain this situation?